Pollard commits two personal fouls

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans safety Bernard Pollard apologized to the team for committing two personal fouls, but he didn’t say he agreed with the calls.

Both hits were against Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne, one for a late hit and one for hitting him in the head area. Pollard was leaping in an attempt to block a pass on the second hit, but made contact with Henne’s helmet.

“When the quarterback is going to throw the ball, you’ve got to jump up and try to make a play,” Pollard said. “The ref said it was a great football play (but) my stomach hit (Henne’s) helmet so he had to throw the flag.”

The NFL has already fined Pollard $52,000 this season for three hits.

“I really could care less what the league has to say. They are not going to change who I am, and they are not going to change the way I play,” he said. “They can continue to throw down the fines, but I have to play football.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The penalty where he leaped in the air was bogus. He was already in the air and had to come down. I believe he blocked the pass too which made it even worse of a call. No excuses for today but we did get screwed on a couple calls. The turnovers were what disappointed me.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This guy is about as fake a leader as there is. He can talk all he wants, but he is so much more of a liability on the field than he is an asset in the locker room.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The Pollard hype is wearing me down these days. The only time I hear from him is on a personal foul.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes a leader. Hes made plays... And killed some plays too. But he is the real deal, like it or not.

6. Fry

What exactly makes him the real deal?

He can't cover. That's a given. He costs his team a solid 15 yards every game, sometimes more.

The team came out flat today. Was Pollard getting them fired up? I didn't see it. Instead I saw him get trucked by Marcedes Lewis.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What games are you watching?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The ones hes created turnovers in

9. Fry

"The ones when the ball fell in his hands."

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

How did you like his Brian Dawkins leap for the personal foul?

I liked what he bought to the team the first few games, but other than that, he has made some terrible personal fouls and been terrible in coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar