[Poll] Who wins the AFC South?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Black Mamba, May 21, 2016.

?
  1. Titans

47.7%
  2. Colts

12.5%
  3. Jaguars

18.2%
  4. Texans

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

I feel good about this season. Mariota will make a leap and the running game will be way better. Even NFL network gave us an equal chance of winning the division - AFC South is ours for the taking.

The wait is killing me though. Single game tickets go on sale on Tuesday. Trying to get good seats for the season opener.

2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

The biggest thing this team needs is an attitude change. Until the players can get a homer's attitude they won't do ****. If there was a Jackass button I would have rated you that. You make some valid points, you're just a Jackass with your delivery.

As far as your original post, kind of silly to include players that have never seen an NFL snap. I'm still trying to decide if maybe you're a closet Fags fan.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Good post and I agree. I think it depends on if some of our Rookies can come in and play mid season ore earlier. The depth (starters if there's an injury) could be the difference between wins and losses. Never know how good they may fit the scheme too now that we're drafting for "fits."

Offense could move the ball with our ground game if Murray bounces back and Henry's play can translate. Have good enough receivers to win games and move the chains I think. We'll see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Do you think we fixed the DB issues??

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Until I see our defense consistently stop the pass, we are not winning the division. We got gashed the last 3 years +...and we haven't made any major changes to assure the secondary. Outside of decent safety help and depth guys

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I think this team still has secondary issues. One of the biggest issues I saw going into the off season was the lack of a play maker at CB. That is still one of our biggest issues. Many teams end up with sacks due to tight coverage. Until we get a real play maker at CB we will have issues creating those sacks.

I know a great pass rush can help a weak secondary. I think that is one area we addressed in the draft with Dodd & Austin Johnson. Dodd will fill a bigger hole than many think. When Morgan or Orakpo were not on the field last year there was a big drop off in play with the next guy up. Dodd will help with that IMO. Austin Johnson is an interior player, but he is one of the few (Non 1st round) interior defenders; that can also provide a pass rush.

Another area that I still question is WR. If DGB does not come in and show that he has taken the off season seriously; we still need a true WR1. I am really concerned that he comes in again with a nagging hamstring injury. We definitely cannot afford to start 2 slot receivers (Wright & Douglas) at both outside spots again this year. Wright's play has really dropped off since Munch left & he has not been allowed to play "Street ball". Hunter has proven to be injury prone, & Unreliable. DGB is a physical freak. He has all the tools to be a true WR1. The biggest issue with him seems to be having the commitment to being that guy. I REALLY hope he makes the leap this year. I love his size, speed, catch radius, and tackle breaking ability. Matthews is a FA from Miami that had some nice games there; but has yet to break out.

If we have improved play at these 2 positions, & the additions we made in FA & the draft make contributions; we will be competitive. Will we win the division? I doubt it, but I would say it is not impossible. Very wishful thinking, but not out of the question.

I think the division got better this year. The Texans seem to be a popular pick, but I am not sold on Miller & Oz. I think this year could come down to the Colts & Jags; IF Luck can get back to where he was before injury & stay healthy. If Luck goes down again; I think the division will be wide open for anyone.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

One thing is for sure; this team cannot continue to give up 100yd games to WRs and expect to win. I agree that we did not do enough to improve at CB. Overall the CB & WR positions will be our biggest issues this year IMO. We have spent plenty of capitol on WRs, but have yet to see much return on investment. We just have not spent enough on CB IMO.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Honestly man...we have #1 waiver choice...If for some reason, we get a solid CB that is available, we need to grab them ASAP. We are lacking there, ILB, and TE (receiving wise behind Walker)...

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I said it before the draft and the draft just reaffirmed this to me - the Jags win the division and that doesn't make me a bad Titans fan for thinking that and being realistic.

We've improved but so has everyone else. I don't see enough improvement on D to see us winning the division, especially in the secondary. We are one more draft away from potentially winning the division.

I hope I'm wrong.

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Leon hall is still a FA....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar