Poll: Lowest point for Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2012.

?
  1. The Super Bowl loss

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. The '01 Playoff loss to the Ravens (24-10)

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. The '09 Playoff loss to the Ravens (13-10)

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. 4-12 record in '05

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Right now

38 vote(s)
    48.7%
  6. 59-0 blowout to the Pats (by request)

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dred

dred Starter

I think you guys should be able to win out with the Jags since you have always seemed to own them.

Colts matchups will be tough to call. A split would be the safe bet.

I would also think that the Jets can be beat, but I will have to see how bad they really are tonight when the Texans embarrass them on the National stage.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm worried about the Colts. Luck keeps getting better.

3. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Have to admit in all the years we have never really dreaded going to a game. We've been there through the losses, the rain, the wind, the freezing cold, etc. and have hung in there with them as fans. This year - different story. We're for the first time debating on whether to go to the game on Thursday. In the past there's always been a glimmer of hope or a leader of some sort (Bullock) that you had confidence in and thought they could pull this thing together. Not so now - No Leadership on or off the field - No Swagger whatsoever. The Blind are leading the Blind.

We've never sold one of our season tix and I hate to admit that we're just about at that point. Enough is enough - it's sickening to see other teams turn it around and we're stuck in 8-8, or 9-7 season in a good year and this year we have no hope of that.

4. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yup. its only a matter of time until they build a defense and are feared again.

5. smili

smili Starter

REally had to pick the 01 Ravens game. I felt like that was our year - felt like we had the best team in league that year - but it all just went wrong in that game - esp. special teams. I think the letdown was so big for me because I had the highest expectations then. I really didn't expect much from this current squad - better than what we're showing - but I would've been surprised with playoff appearance. But after a 9-7 year I did think we'd be better than we are.

6. SATitan

SATitan Starter

Right now for me as well. It's getting hard to even get excited about watching any game at all. Don't think I've ever been able to say that, and I've been a fan since the franchise was in Houston.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well there is always the comedic value..... just sayin'

8. pettso

pettso Starter

That Percy Harvin run was pretty hilarious. You had Griffin just watching him run past and you had David Stewart tackling one of our own guys as Harvin ran to the endzone. If I were Munchak I'd have that run on repeat in slow motion for at least 20 minutes.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I disagree....at that point I sensed that we had hit bottom, and that we were going to make changes, which we did. We had been 13-3 during the previous season, so we knew that we had talent.

Now is different....we have been out of every game (except for the Lions game) by midway through the 3rd quarter.

I am working on an MBA right now, and contemplated not getting Sunday Ticket this season because I need to study on Sundays (still working as well). Yesterday was the first day that I did not stress about balancing studies with watching the game...I just let the score scroll on Sirius and did my work. By halftime I knew that I had made the right decision. If we do not make major changes to the coaching staff during the offseason I will forego Sunday Ticket next season and not stress out about it at all.

With me whining about my Sunday Ticket purchase here, I really feel bad for the season ticketholders at this point.

This may not be a PC thing to say, BUT, IMO we will be in this situation until there is a change in ownership...someone referenced the Bills earlier, I see us in a very similar situation.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Definitely now. This team has no fire, no passion, and no direction. Seems like it has taken on the demeanor of it's hollow head coach. He's there, but never seems like he's really there, if you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar