Poll: Lowest point for Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2012.

?
  1. The Super Bowl loss

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. The '01 Playoff loss to the Ravens (24-10)

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. The '09 Playoff loss to the Ravens (13-10)

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. 4-12 record in '05

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Right now

38 vote(s)
    48.7%
  6. 59-0 blowout to the Pats (by request)

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- I wasn't caring until I got to work and for some reason- I'm caring a lot right now. :deadhorse:

2. RPD

RPD Starter

Agreed. Even after the Pats loss I wasn't this disgusted...

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

dang no all of the above option..each event made you have that feeling so it is hard to pick one. I went with the 09 playoff loss

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You know... that season may have started out 0-6 but we were better than 0-6 and could have been 3-3 if a few calls had went the other way. Ryan Mouton was responsible for 3 of the losses alone... Remember the Steelers game and Jet's game?

Munchak wins games he's not supposed to win and loses games he isn't supposed to lose. We beat the winless colts last year... we get in the playoffs. We beat the Lions in a luck fest... where the Lions could have/should have won that game in OT.

At 1-3... we are worse than our record. At 0-6... we were much better than our record. the rest of schedule was favorable and we were a middle of the pack team. We finished the 0-6 year at 8-8. This year, we won't finish this season with more than 5 wins.. and 5 wins could be considered a mid season turn around for this group because this team isn't good enough to win 3 games.

5. World Peace

I picked the 59-0 loss just because I've never seen this team give up... until then: That team gave up during that game. As critical as I am of Munch, this team hasn't given up.. They just suck.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Right now

Playoff/Super Bowl losses sting, but you know you are a good team, had a good season, and will have next year.

The 5-11/4-12 seasons, we knew we would be bad.

But after finishing 9-7 last year, and just missing the playoffs......this is bad. I don't think we overachieved last year either. We took a huge step back, and it looks like its a serious problem.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Weird there are so many takes on this.. I don't know how you can be more disappointed in a general crappy season than blowing rare Super Bowl contending seasons to The Ratbirds..
    The first time this team strings three wins together everyone will forget this current patch..

8. World Peace

We got lucky in a few games. Plain and simple. If we had the kind of luck we had last year in the 0-6 starting season, we wouldn't have been 0-6 and would have made the playoffs

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:pigfly:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

because, IMO.. At this point, I consider ANY season we make the playoffs to be a TREMENDOUS success. Until we get to the Pats or Colts or Steelers level of greatness, a playoff run of any sort is considered to be a great success to me.

Anything less than a playoff birth is a waste of a season to me. 9-7 is the most frustrating record, and around where we usually are. Almost there, but not quite. This year, 8-8 is a pipe dream. We are pathetic in every phase, and there's rarely anything that makes me want to continue watching the games. I left before halftime yesterday. I would have tuned in for Rusty, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar