Polian promises Caldwell isn't 'Tony Dungy Lite'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Jim Caldwell spoke Tuesday for the first time as coach of the Indianapolis Colts. I was not able to see or hear it, but am told they'll be a transcript out. When I get it, I'll share highlights and reaction.</p> <p>In the meantime, here are three things you'll hear a lot about Caldwell from a compilation of comments about Caldwell provided by the team.</p> <p>Bill Polian is certainly doing his best to give Caldwell room to be his own man and not be seen as a facsimile of the man he's replacing.</p> <p><strong>President Bill Polian:</strong></p> <p>"You are getting a guy who is an accomplished football coach. He isn't Tony Dungy Lite. He's going to be Jim Caldwell. He is an accomplished football coach. He has worked under some wonderful people. He has developed a strong set of values in his own rite in terms of how he wants this program and this football team to operate. He's very firm. He's very forthright. He's very softspoken, but don't mistake that for lack of steel in his spine. He has plenty of that."</p> <p><strong>Quarterback Peyton Manning:</strong></p> <p>"He's been very influential on me. Very detail-oriented. Very disciplined. He's really helped me as a quarterback. He deserves the opportunities, and the players will play hard for him."</p> <p><strong>Wide Receiver Reggie Wayne:</strong></p> <p>"With Jim at the controls, I feel we won't miss a beat. Thing is though ultimately, we as players have to do our thing to ensure us continuing our performances and maintaining that focus for the ultimate goal."</p>

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar