Please stop justifying this terrible offseason with...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wasn't Gage a one year/1 million deal?

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yeah, I was just about to post that, I don't see that as overpaying for anyone

3. DJB

DJB Starter

"Avoiding cap hell is the STUPIDEST REASON FOR LOSING" ???

If you want a shot at 1 or 2 good years at the expense of 3 or 4 bad years I suppose it is stupid.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Yeah. My comment was about multiple picks. Not the 1 that every team in the league will have.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Hmm...let's take a look.

1. VY - We've already discussed him
    2. L. White - Set to be our starter at tailback in '07
    4. C. Lowry - Will compete for the open spot at Safety
    4. S. Tulloch - Will compete for (and IMO win) the starting MLB spot
    5. Terna Nande - Amazing numbers; struggled with the mental part of the game and spent much of the year on the practice squad but has been upgraded back to the active roster.
    5. Jesse Mahelona - Got a fair amount of playing time as a rookie. Will compete for increased playing time with Smith gone.
    6. Jonathan Orr - Well, he is still on the roster.
    7. Cortland Finnegan - Our second most impressive rookie behind Young, Finnegan played the nickel very well and even looked good when he played on the outside. Big steal.
    7. Spencer Toone - Where is he?
    7. Quinton Ganther - Still on the roster; may see the field in '07

With that said, it really is too early to judge this class. My point is the extra picks do pay off.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i suppose those two times were saying drew bennett would not be back and ketih bulluck would not be replaced....

7. owned

8. wg53

wg53 Starter

Bush will probably be there in the 3rd.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Yeah, this is the same guy all year that said Drew drops passes and is no good. He was right, Drew won't be back because he was offered $30M by the Rams...pretty good money for a receiver that can't catch. Bulluck remains to be seen. The season hasn't started yet, and he is under contract. If you think we have signed Fowler, kept Reynolds, Tulloch and Nande to ALL play MLB you need to join him in the kool aid line.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: you make me laugh.

Overpaid hacks are nothing new in this league. Ask Archuleta. Plummer. Jordan. Toomer. Woodson. Jammer. K. Brady.

As for Bulluck, Reynolds is the long snapper. Fowler and Tulloch will battle it out for MLB and Nande is a OLB.

Pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar