Playstation Network has been down for 5 days! :) LMAO

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by jessestylex, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

hahahaha

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol a PS3 and a Wii fanboy? That's a new one. Perhaps you need to learn the definition of fanboy.

Idiot.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

MEGA FAIL!

On Tuesday, after several days of near-silence, Sony said that as a result of the attack, an “unauthorized person” had obtained personal information about its account-holders, including their names, addresses, e-mail addresses and PlayStation usernames and passwords. Sony also warned that other sensitive information, including credit card numbers, could have been obtained.

If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number and expiration date may have been obtained,” Patrick Seybold, senior director for corporate communications at Sony, wrote in an e-mail message.

He declined to comment further about the prolonged network outage.

Huge blow for Sony.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I only really play COD.

But it's free, so, meh, it is what it is.

I don't play enough for a monthly fee.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

After 2 days without reporting fraudulent purchases on your credit card, you can be charged up to $300 for said expenses.

How long did Sony wait to let us know? 4 days?

Lawsuits will be filed.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

This is the 7th Day PSN has been down.

From IGN.com :)

Is Xbox Live working?
    [​IMG]

Here's a list of things you can still do:

* Download recently released Xbox Live Arcade games like The Fancy Pants Adventures
    * Use Netflix
    * Fire up party chat and catch up with your friends
    * Try out the Gears of War 3 beta
    * Play Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 with friends
    * Compare Achievements or leaderboard positions
    * Sleep soundly knowing that your credit card information is safe (for the moment anyway)
    * Know that if Xbox Live ever goes down, there's a good chance you'll get a free Xbox Live Arcade game

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

A number of people are reporting fraudulent charges on their PSN-linked cards. I'm keeping an eye on mine as well.

Tens-Titans is absolutely correct. Sony should have just bitten the bullet when they knew they had a breach and alerted users that their information could have been compromised. None of this "we're going to wait and see to make sure so we don't needlessly worry people". Wrong, people have a right to know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Be interesting to see how far this goes.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Link?

Anyway thanks for posting. I think I'll probably go ahead and check with my credit card company tomorrow. I really don't want to have to go through another 6-months of headache trying to get my balance right and have them wave fees and all that nonsense.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can't you check online for any transactions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar