Playstation Home revealed

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ONUV, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

HD trailer
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17558&type=wmv&pl=game

http://www.gameklip.com/v/2618/

Good news for the PlayStation camp, full details of Sony's PlayStation Home have been revealed, and it ain't no slacker. Alongside those avatars and achievements we heard about earlier, the "service" seems to be a new-gen Second Life killer, with public hangouts, personal apartments (to show off those fancy prizes you've been racking up in recent frag fests) and voice chat. The seeming-MMO even includes casual games such as pool, bowling and arcade machines embedded into the world, but at any time you can invite a fellow resident to join in on any PlayStation Network-capable game. As for user-generated content, PS Home allows you to hang your own pictures on your apartment walls and share videos with friends. You can of course dress up your avatar in assorted virtual clothings -- for a price -- all while enjoying "dynamic advertising" of some sort. A large scale beta goes live in April, with the full product to be launched this fall. Make sure to hit up the read link for a gallery of the beautiful scenery and idiotic conversations you too can be enjoying in a few months.

2. titanfreak333

titanfreak333 Titan fan from kansas

that looks sweet

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That is awesome! A bit gimmick'ish but it definitely looks interesting. Far better than just screens with tabs.
    Putting your own pictures up wont last long at all though.

Good job to sony. Maybe they aren't done just yet.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was impressed. Very interesting product.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

that looks... insane..

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Second Life in high def LOL. You can watch and listen to media from your hard drive on virtual screens?!? That's some insane bandwidth! How much is this gonna cost me per month?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the video said free.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

online for PS3 is free.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

online is, but all these extras I'm sure will have a price tag. If not, that'd be sweet. Microsoft is all about charging, and I'm surprised the demos are free.

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Let's say that you had a movie that you were going to show to all of your "Home" friends on your virtual tv. Would you think that the MPAA would get a little mad with that? Also, streaming thousands of videos to virtual tvs in Home would take up some major bandwidth. I can see that costing an extra fee. We wouldn't want to "clog the tubes." :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar