Playoffs or Bust?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 31, 2017.

?
  1. 9-7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 8-8

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. 7-9

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. 6-10

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. 5-11

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  6. 4-12

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  7. 3-13

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  8. 2-14

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  9. 1-15

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  10. 0-16

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  11. No way he's fired.

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll chime in with 5-11 or worse might get him fired. Here's why...

He's not JRob's hire. I think he had to accept him as a term of getting the GM job. Since that time, he's gotten closer to AAS. I think he could make a case that he could bring in someone more aligned with his own vision for this team.

That, and fan opinion that Mularkey was a iffy hire from the start, might lead to a new HC.

Heaven forbid we have to endure a 5-11 season.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

4-12 easy.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldnt say its playoffs or bust for Mularkey, although it should be.

But if we can stay at 9 wins and flip our divisional record, thats progress...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

anything short of 8-8 will bring Chuckie in as our new coach.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

I honestly think he will get to play out his contract; due to a personal relationship w/ AAS. That is what got him hired to start with. Its not like he was the most qualified guy on the market. Far from it TBH.

I think he MAY get fired if he turns in the worst record in the league. However, he may quit farther than being fired......if we are lucky. More likely he limps to an 8-8 season and we endure another predictable lame season on offense.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Remember when we fired jeff fisher to hire a worse version of jeff fisher?

Mularkey is a step up. This is his defining year.

If he can't get it done with this team...

I'll join you in calling him a scrub.

I think I could coach the Tennessee Titans to an AFC South Championship in 2017. This is the worst division in football and we are the best team in it.

Injuries are no excuse. This is the best team we've had in 10 years.

JAX, INDY and HOU are all scrub teams

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I wish there was a way to REMIND ME to revisit a certain spot in a thread X days/weeks from now.

When we hang 35+ points on Oakland, I promise that yall will change your tune.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I Can only hope but I seriously doubt this.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I really think mularkey is safe by virtue of Mariota being QB. He'll win the 5-6 games needed to keep Mularkey or an injury to Mariota is the excuse to give him another year.

#19 HurrayTitans!, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

I think pretty much everyone has to agree with this statement. This has got to be the most talent we have had in a decade......seems that way at least.

Any way it goes this team is very talented on the offensive side of the ball. Any HC that does not capitolize on that; does not need to be coaching. The defense is not as strong as it could be IMO. We have not invested near as much there. We finally invested in the CB position this year.....although it has still looked like the weak link.

This is the year Mularkey has to prove his worth as a HC IMO. IF he is capable of providing a winning team; this SHOULD be the year he does it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar