Playoff scenarios

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Whitters21, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Just been looking up our playoff chances. We're down from 92% two weeks ago to 57-60% statistically to make the post season.

Unfortunately we technically don't control our own destiny anymore. If we finish 10-6 alongside with Baltimore and Buffalo we will miss out apparently (assuming Jags win against 49ers). I'm not sure why but that is alarming although very unlikely.

Our best bet is beating the Jags week 17 if we have to split the last two games as our conference record will be 8-4. This week against the Rams might not matter much if the Bills lose to the Pats (fingers crossed). I think Baltimore will win their last two games vs Colts & Bengals to take the 5 seed.

If we only win one game our chances of making the post season are 94% if it's the against the Jags and 57% if it's against the Rams.

Essentially I think our likeliest chance of making the post season is limping in with a week 17 win at home vs the Jags which will be good enough if the Bills lose to NE this week. There are millions of playoff scenarios and you can click through them here.

How the Tennessee Titans Can Make the Playoffs - The New York Times

Winning against the Rams still leaves us likely needing a week 17 win vs the Jags.

I think we will probably lose out in any case (8-8) but just thought i'd throw this out there for some optimism

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

PLEASE READ.

#1. WE DO NOT DESERVE PLAYOFF SPOT.

#2. IF WE GO TO PLAYOFFS IT WILL BE A ONE AND DONE SCENARIO.

#3. IM SOOOOOOO ****ING PISSED AT THIS TEAM.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its fine, this season has been a complete let down..

Go from 9-7 to 8-8 and we're gonna be stuck with this idiot coaching staff, vent away brother..

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm numb myself. Had this season went the way I envisioned it during the off season, we'd be sitting pretty right now.

All the marbles fell our way and we still couldn't take advantage of the it.

What a crying shame to the fullest extent.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. JCBRAVE

this season went EXACTLY how I expected...

When Mike Mularkey is your HC 8-8/9-7 is as good as it can get...

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm not convinced that we are stuck with this coaching staff if we finish 8-8. Mostly because of Mularkey only having 1 yr on his contract. No way that Robinson sits their as GM and says great job Mike lets just keep doing the same thing. He knows that he has brought in some pieces to the puzzle that just aren't being used very well. Robinson also knows that their is no way that any decent OC takes a job with a lame duck coach. So if Robinson wants to make his coaching staff better he either has to extend Mularkey to help him attract a better coaches or he has to fire him and bring in a new staff to try to get the most out of Mariota.

Robinson has to place the 5th yr extension on Mariota this May. Does he really take the chance of rolling with the same staff for 1 more yr and if Marcus doesn't improve going in another direction and then only having 1 yr of Marcus in a new system to decide whether to give him the big money.

Would make more sense to me to bring in a new staff and give them 2 years with Mariota before making the big $$$ decision on him.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

No way. We have 7 matchups with teams selecting in the top 10 of the draft next year, and we can only win 8 games? Not to mention the offense has taken a massive nosedive into mediocrity, including our young QB. I'm not seeing the leverage the current coaching staff has.

9. JCBRAVE

Good points, but knowing this franchises history I am not optimistic that we will move on from Mularkey this year..

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Never thought I’d be rooting for the Patriots and Indy in the same weekend.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar