Playoff Picture .....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Jacksonville owns us in all regards to a tie, so we have to literally pass them. That is plausible, but takes a Jaguar collapse. So I think Cleveland is it guys. Luckily we control our own fate there.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the way I see it if we do not beat San Diego we have no busniness in the playoffs anyhow. Think about it. What difference does it make if we crack the post season if we can't hang with a big dog, especially in light of the fact that there are two of the most dominant teams to be in a playoff bracket in some time. The winners of the WC's will, barring an act of God, face the Pats and Colts in the divisional round. We have to beat SD and pray we end up in Pittsburg for a W.C. game. I do not want to go the California in the post season, that is unless it's an AFC Championship... ahem... has anyone seen my crack pipe?

3. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

The Bengals will beat the browns this time around. The 49ers, if they run the ball could win. The Jets, they have showed times of atleast being good. The bills...dont write them off. But in all reality the browns schedual looks easy as crap. If they are the new browns they need to show that they can win in the clutch and win 3 more games to go to the playoffs. I think we will go 2-2 at the worst coming up. But if we dont make the playoffs we get like the 20th pick in the draft.....sucks

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Honestly- any one of the Browns last 4 can beat them. Jets playing better- coles is back. Bengals Offense healthy putting up points with Chris Henry back. Bills playing OK ball. 49ers- Gore is playing great and can keep it close.

I agree with BP- if we can't beat the Chargers on our turf- we don't deserve it. It is too much to ask to rely on a win in the RCA dome.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We lose to SD, but win out and get a wild card.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So much can happen in the last quarter of the season.

I still think we will go 10-6 and should make the playoffs, but a team has missed it before at 10-6.

If we lose to San Diego, then win out, I would certainly feel we deserved to be in the playoffs, if we make it.

After Pittsburg won the superbowl two years ago, playing all road games, I feel anything is possible in the playoffs. And we need to make it, it would be great experience for this young team if nothing else.

Still doable. Anything short and I think this season goes down as a slight failure as far as progress goes.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it'd be nice for Jax to lose a few so we wouldn't have to face SD again Wild Card Weekend

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like our chances against either the Steelers or Chargers in the playoffs. Both teams have their ups and downs at the qb position. Both qb's have major upside, but they both have their down moments too. So we can pressure them. Both coaches have had their problems too. We can outcoach them. I actually would prefer SD only because the weather will favor Vince Young. My guess is that a warm weather game will help us. Which is why I like our chances against the Colts in the playoffs. Vince is going to be faster indoors in my opinion. Either way tho, you have to win at least one cold game more than likely, so it doesnt matter to me in the end.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree with the logic already on here. We need to win this weekend, or we shouldn't worry about playoffs. If we win this weekend, we've got a fair chance at going 3-1 down the stretch, which gives us a better shot. If the browns lose two, that would be great. We aren't going to pass the Jags.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We would play the Chargers though. They'd be the 4th seed, we'd be the 5th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar