Playoff Implication Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

win out and let the rest sort it self out.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

i think the best thing for us is just to continue to do what we do and win out. if the rest plays out in our favor then were in. if not its not going to be heart breaking cuz it was a long shot anyways. this is no time to be thinking playoffs. focus on the game ahead.

3. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

shoot, i've been thinking playoffs since we beat the Giants. I just can't help it. Untill we are eliminated, i'll be keeping a close eye on everyone above us.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Agreed Pitbull

5. Broncos are 3-3 in their division, we're 4-2.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It appears to me at first glance the probability of at least a three way tie at 9-7 is a likely event. This assumes the Bengals lose to Indy. It would be nearly impossible for all the teams in front of us to go 2-0. You've got to think in the nfl that at least 3 of the 4 teams will split. They've been playing .500 ball all year long, so it's not gonna change now. So the way I see it, we have a high probability of getting into a multiple team tie at 9-7. Our worst case teams in that scensrio include Denver and Cinncinati, due to conference record, but nobody else will be able to compete with us due to additional losses. So, what I think we need to see is one of Cincinnati or Denver falling to 8-8. That scenario is less likely. It would mean Cinncinnati has to lose 3 in row. Denver, on the other hand, has their hands full.

I could be way off. And will wait to see what the computers tell us. But that's how I see it boiling down if things come down to conference record.

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Glancing at the standings, it seems that our most favorable/probable situation in a 3 or more team tie for a playoff birth would be:
    NYJ loss to Mia or Oak
    Jax loss to NE or KC
    KC loss tonight
    Pitt loss against the Ravens or Bengals
    Denver loss to the Bengals

I should be studying for finals, not for playoffs!

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Doesnt it feel good to even be able to talk about this? Every week at work people are like "Titans gonna get there *** whooped this week vs Giant, Eagles, Colts, Jags....ect!" Every week I come to work and rub it in their face!!!!!

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Guess what...

We're .500 which is saying something after an 0-5 start.

Forget the playoffs for now. The odds are against us getting in.

More importantly, we need to beat Buffalo and NE!!! Do that and we finish with a WINNING record having proved we can beat the elite teams of the NFL.

And THAT is saying something!!!

Gut

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Too bad we are not in the lousy NFC. We would be in the thick of the playoffs if we were NFC. Considering the Titans started 0-5 and have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL I would be happy if we could end the season 8-8. 9-7 would be spectacular. Being able to watch the Jags stay home because we beat them... would be priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar