Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

On paper that sounds like a good idea but Campbell is very inexperienced. He would get killed on play action and pump fakes. It's too soon to give that kid that much responsibility.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the pump fakes would be a bigger problem than play-action because I wouldn't have him worrying about stuffing the run at all. His primary job would be controlling the deep part of the field.

he certainly does need experience and coaching. Hopefully a full offseason can help him. If he can get his mind around the game then he has the athletic abilities to be a solid player.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Obviously guys change positions. I know that. But there aren't many examples of guys changing positions later in their careers like that. And several of those examples are guys who went from 4-3 ends to 3-4 linebackers or vice versa. But there have been a few good examples thrown out.

Finnegan would also be really small for a safety.

And for what it's worth, our Mike Griffin was never a corner. We practiced him there a little bit, but he was drafted as a safety and has almost exclusively played safety.

4. JCBRAVE

Well now Mike Griffin plays scared so he doesn't matter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Janzen jackson dont play scared.....

[​IMG]

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Either did Griffin in college lol!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I bet he flinches every time he hears police sirens though. :grrhee:

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was watching some Griffin highlights on youtube earlier, and I got to wondering what happened to him. He was never a bone crushing hitter, but the guy could tackle and was not afraid of contact. Now if he lays anymore than the palms of his hand on a guy I am impressed.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yeah, at first. Untill he allegedly takes the cop out back and allegedly kicks the crap out of him, before allgedly appearing back in the car and swearing up and down he never left. ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I was just on titansonline and it seems like we're moving Tommie from CB to safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar