Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea normally, but not this year, not for us.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's still an absurd suggestion. There are plenty of decent safeties available in free agency. You never, ever move a promising young cornerback from his position.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mccourty has to stay at CB

4. JCBRAVE

He certainly doesn't HAVE to stay at CB. I have an eye for these kinds of things. When Amano moved to Center, I said it wouldn't work out, and it hasn't. I wanted Jones at DE, team moves him to DE one year later. Now I suggest McCourty to FS, and watch it happen. His brother played FS after being New England's first round CB choice last year.

Jason McCourty is my favorite Titan, I wouldn't say move him unless I thought he'd excel there.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't doubt your knowledge, but Finny's leaving (looks likely) only puts more importance on Jason staying at CB.

What exactly is your vision? Start Verner and a signing like Routt at CB, draft Barron at SS and start Jason at FS?

6. JCBRAVE

I'd only move him to FS if we keep Cortland. Hawkins can be the 3rd corner. Griffin flat out stinks so what I'm saying is I'd rather move J-Mac to FS then re-sign Griffin.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think either way, Griffin is a goner. FS may be harder for us to find than a SS (re-sign Babineaux or draft Barron).

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Why not grab a FS in FA or draft? This way players don't have to re learn anything or chance hurting their confidence in the game.

But yea as mentioned above Finny looks dead and gone. Yikes, that is not gonna be fun playing against him.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That'll probably be what ends up happening.

10. JCBRAVE

Anybody ever hear a coach say "get on your horse and go"?

Well I just realized why Griffin can't make plays anymore, peep his horse

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar