Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

How do you guys feel about Finnegan at FS? He may be a little small, but he's got the coverage skills, speed, and tackling ability.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

There is a good chance that Finny is out next year.

I'd have to echo everyone else's comments about a strong DL. The year before Haynesworth left our secondary had a monster year. I think they were talented but the pressure on the QB is what really aloud them to capitalize.

And there are some really good points too about a QB tearing up a secondary no matter what. With the rules these days if the QB has enough time they will make a play. I'm excited/hoping that our first pick is in favor of a pass rusher.

I also read an interesting article about getting someone like Peter Konz. With a Center like him we kill two birds with one stone. We not only gain a big need at Center, but we also get a familiar face back at guard.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WHOA, just saw that LaRon Landry is having platelet rich plasma and stem-cell treatments. Yikes, stay away!

4. JCBRAVE

Because of the lack of options at safety for teams, and Griffin stinking it up, I want to send McCourty to safety. He's our best open field tackler and will be cheaper to re-sign in 2013 as a safety. There's tons of options at CB, not so many at safety, and we may need to sign both a FS and a SS.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I pray we can find a safety on the market or have a stud fall to us later in the draft, because Griffin ain't cutting it and like JC stated, it's slim pickens.

6. JCBRAVE

I really like the idea of McCourty at FS. Belichick had Devin play FS, didn't work out that great, but Devin isn't his brother. I'd say Jason has become the better McCourty twin, and is more versatile.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I know you have a man-crush on Devin, and that's cool and all, but at FS? ehhh.

8. JCBRAVE

Why not at FS? He deflects more balls than anyone, put him at FS and those deflections he was out of position for before at CB become interceptions.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

What? It's way, way harder to find starting cornerbacks than starting safeties.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well

We did have 3 on our roster last year.

Whoever said we should resign Finny for safety money must not have be thinking all the way. If that was the case we should have signed CJ as a punter then. Its not Madden, Cortland is going to want, pro bowl corner money no matter what position we make him play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar