Players vs NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 14, 2011.

?
  1. Replacement players in "real" NFL

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. NFL players playing in a makeshift league

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

well, i mean, the current situation involves a CBA & a lockout which means the owners can't hire scabs...

so a more rules-free situation, where they got upset like this and for whatever reason each went their own ways (w/o penalty), I take it you mean?

2. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

I would watch the NFL league only. The NFL teams have all the tradition. Also the players wouldn't stick to the make shift league because their power to earn money is now and they wouldn't come close to making what they do now. But if they were asked back by the owners because the back yard league had a little bit of success and the players given their way on everything we would go through work stopage all the time by the players. They would feel they have all the leverage. As greedy as the owners are, they have to be successful over the NFLPU or there will be problems ever other year with them wanting more and more.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Today's Tennessean article sheds a lot of light on some of these questions:

1. If games are cancelled, fans can send in a written request to get their money back. Otherwise, Bud applies it to next season.

2. Using replacement players is a league issue and can happen.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Best thing to come from the XFL was He Hate Me.

Bring on the Replacements.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You mean Rod Smart? The same guy who rushed for a career total 67 yards? Yea that's the best thing to come from the XFL... Which explains why is failed.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

interesting. everything I had been reading from ESPN the last 1-1 1/2 years had been saying scabs were not an option

could you please post the link of the article, I would like to read it

7. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

My point exactly.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If they use replacement players, does the money count to that season?

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

and NFL Live just said again that there can't be scabs because the scenario is the owners locked out the players

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar