Players Availiable via Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

Unless Marvin has Ferdie Pacheco in his corner there's no clack eye here..

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Takeo Spikes was cut

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

fitzgerald would be a dream, but it wont happen.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The cards are looking for a reasonable trade offer to dump Fitz and the cap hit according to Sirius NFL. Same scenario with Roy Williams.

No way we trade unless there is a negotiated re-structure. Unlikely to happen, but with Williams being unhappy it is in the realm of possibility.

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

that would really be perfect woudn't it be. fitzgerald would be a a lock 1 for a long time here. i would like roy williams to but id take fitz over him. i would trade to get him, if the titans can. they should at least look into the possiblity i hope of gettin one of these guys. what would you give up tho? id say you would have to trade at least 3 picks for fitz. maybe next years 1 and this years 3 and 4. for roy it might be cheaper like this years 2 and 3rd round.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I would be surprised to see a big trade happen... partly because teams just don't let playmaking WRs go very easily, and partly because it would most likely involve a good chunk of money and at least one 1st rd pick, maybe 2. But I've seen quotes recently from both Fisher and Reiny, when asked about their plans for free agency and the draft - they responded with an answer alluding to FA, draft and trades. Obviously it's reading way between the lines, but it's nice to hear that trades are at least on the discussion block. I think that's the only way we're going to land a true #1.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Man, I would love to see Fitz or RW in two tone blue. I'd give a first for either one of them. They are both better than anything we'll get in the 1st round - especially Fitz. Throw in PacTurd and Schwatz too.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we were able to trade a 1st round pick for Fitz. or RW and we don't. I'm going to be extremely mad at MR.

9. MJTitans

A guy like Fitz would most likely need closer to 2 first rounders. That's why you don't see it happen very often. Anyone would give one 1st rounder for a proven vet - no brainer. No team gives up a guy like that just to take their chances in the draft. We'll need to package a 1st rounder with other player(s). No way does MR give away 2 1st day draft picks, IMO.

10. MJTitans

Sorry for the double post... keep in mind the Chargers wanted more than a 1st round for Turner last year. I never heard what the official request was, but we were willing to consider a 1st rounder for him, and they wanted more so we dropped it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar