Play Vince at NE - Yea or Nay

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

yeah, no question.

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Collins retiring, wouldn't be such a bad thing. What cracks me up is I think he still thinks he's still good for another year or two :ha:

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Too late to close the door at that point. The horse is already out of the barn. :grrr:

He should have been in there some time ago.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I like the idea of starting VY so we can evaluate him and see if he needs to stay around for next season and if we need to look at the draft for a QB. He isn't gonna come in right now and turn things around with our defense playing like they are. I think we should wait till after the bye week to play him. Our hopes of playoffs are over with at this point so we have nothing to lose.

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I can only hope that when and if they start him that they give a full week of first string snaps first. This will obviously help get the timing back between him and his receivers. We need to remember that all week this guy is running with a different crew right now.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

VY should be starting by now. His run for a first down vs. KFC's run for dear life summed this one up clearly. When all else fails, VY can run and make things happen. KFC can throw the ball away. When he's not getting sacked or fumbling that is.

It makes perfect sense to all of us. Fisher is just way too stubborn to budge on this. Putting VY in last night was just to shut people up. I was very pleased to hear y'all boo KFC and show some love when VY came out. On TV Fisher looked so mad that steam was practically blowing out of his nose and ears. KFC too.

I bet they both went out for whammyburgers. And shared a milk shake. It was probably pink. And they even called whine-1-1 and rode home in the whambulance. Fisher is done people. He's been here 15 years and he's only won 20 more games than he's lost. Kick rocks Fish.

7. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I like how "if anyone says no you're an idiot" and then you proceed to give valid reasons why people might say no...

Personally i don't care, but I'm more inclined to wait until after the bye week. He'll be better prepared and people will have less excuses.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Nope. Bellicheck knows how too exploit vince's not being able to read defenses too well....remember that preseason game against the pats before - i wanna say 07? It will be just like that again

9. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Vince should start against NE and here's why:

1.) if he does have problems reading defenses, only reading defenses will cure that problem.
    2.) can't lose for trying at this point. but give him a chance at making the playoffs (motivation)
    3.) If he is the future, he needs to mend fences with the boys. that is, play when there is not much hope. his team needs to see he is in with them win or lose. I think they will give him a second chance to redeem himself. (and he needs to do so)

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No, Collins retiring wouldn't be a bad thing, but him retiring that would result in us having just one quarterback with probably little notice is.
    I'm sure they'd try to get Ramsey back, seeing as how he would know the offense already, at least I think that's how they would think.

I'm also thinking after the bye week. That way Vince would have two weeks with the first team offense....hopefully one where Dinger has a repertoire of plays designed around Vince's abilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar