Play Calling!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Most teams run up the middle on first down? That means the opponent would be expecting it. Try something difference for once maybe a play action and see how that works..

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you're a pro WR in the NFL and you get two hands on the ball you catch the damn thing. Especially when you don't have to leave your feet to make the catch.

3. Fry

Our first play of the game against the Jags was play-action and the play resulted in a sack :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

and yes playcalling is still a big problem. Did you see how much better the texans play calling was? They ran misdirections, zone stretched plays where they actually blocked, hard play action boot legs. They mixed it up. I dont even remember a single screen? Instead hasselback just kept making dumb reads throwing prayers into double coverage when we dont have a wr you can do that with anymore!

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

we just need to start locker to give us a spark and that way if he winds up sucking and we dont win another game this year maybe we can get luck!!

6. Fry

Jake Locker will sprinkle his magic pixie dust on the ball so that it becomes more catchable for these terrible wide receivers.

Quarterback is the ONE problem this team doesn't have right now. Hasselbeck is far from perfect, but he's got no one on offense to help him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They have capable offensive players. We have special school calibre.

8. amy

amy Starter

Do we know for a fact that Hassle calls his own plays? I've never heard either way. I would think that if he called his own plays, things would be different. He knows what He is doing. The receivers? probably not.

Mandatory film study should be the order of the day. Get their butts into the film room , make them learn the plays, then practice execution til they drop. Maybe then they will remember what the hell they are supposed to be doing.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No. He does not call the plays, which brings me to my point on this topic.
    (I mentioned this in another thread)
    Palmer can't call plays worth a crap....or at all for that matter.....

Many, many times Sunday I saw Hasslebeck look over and clap his hands towards the sidelines in obvious frustration and then give the "hand rolling" motion as to say...."hurry up and give me the next play, dammit!"

Palmer is absolutely freakin' CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar