Plaxico Burress indicted

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

This is what should happen to people stupid enough to shoot themselves.

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Attached Files:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tough situation.

I think most of us would agree that the punishment won't fit the crime.

But I think most of us would also agree that the law is what the law is. And that it proabably exists for very good reasons too.

I think in the end there are better ways to deal with this situation than sending him to prison for 2-3 years. Give him a year or less and make him the lifelong spokesperson for gun licensing in NY. Don't know. Just feels a bit uneasy about a 3 year verdict. Seems harsh. So it probably is.

Woke a lotta people up though. That is for sure.

4. Notcho Cheese

Notcho Cheese Camp Fodder

No doubt this is tough. Seems that people with money are finding it much harder to escape their crimes. I'd say his career is pretty much over.:hang:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I can't believe they actually had him testify. Pretty amazing. He's going to get some serious time. If he doesn't, something is wrong.

That law may be harsh, but it's very clear.

6. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

I dont know how else you could handle him. The guy did bring a loaded weapon in a nightclub. He could have killed someone else instead of shotting himself.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm not pro-gun by any means at all, but that's a stupid law. As bad as it sounds, yes- a celebrity sometimes does have more leeway than a common citizen. If I'm a millionaire in NYC... I think I then have the right to have a gun on me.

and the guy shot himself. Isn't that punishment enough?

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well how about you still need a carrying permit, why is it loaded in the club, and why was it not on safety. This is stupid no debate. He got what he deserved.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The real issue isn't whether the law is right or not, it's how he could be dumb enough to break it. The city made a huge deal about how strict they were making that law. Even more amazing is that he was carrying it, instead of having someone with him carry it. Then, to top it all off, he accidentally shoots himself. Stupidity on top of stupidity. He deserves what he gets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar