Pirate situation getting interesting...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hoffa, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

At first all the Pirates wanted was money, but after that little stunt the snipers pulled the other day the pirates are most likely going to spill blood. Anyone who thought this was over is blind.

Like i said they saved 1 life and gloated over the kill shots ,but in the end it's going to cost them way more than they wanted.

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Regardless of us shooting someone or not the pirates were gonna take that freighter. The reason they can take that freighter is because other countries payed ransom money to release the hostages, thus allowing the pirates to gain better technology and capture more hostages to get more money, its a endless cycle.

The pirates have been taking hostages and holding them in Somalia before this incident, the reason this recent incident was so publicized was the fact that they took one person hostage on a lifeboat. We are known not to negotiate.

You aren't getting it dude.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

dude if they got the ransom they'd keep doing it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

killing the pirates isnt the answer at all. you are only asking for war that way. they need to give them the $ until they have a better solution.

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Give them money till they buy a freaking destroyer? No thanks.

Maybe if we keep killing them they'll think better about capturing ships. The reason they don't kill the hostages is because of the money.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Just reminded me of a female security officer at Melbourne Airport... :thumb:

SF guys that I've met, you'd never know they had been in SF. They just don't talk about their work a whole lot :ha: (actually I didn't find out about it until someone else told me). Other than that they don't differ a whole lot from other soldiers I know who have been to a warzone.

Most of them go on to have various management or consulting jobs afterwards, they're definetly not some kind of crazed killbots.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And as far as quite a few women (not all and not directing it towards you)....b####es are b####es. It's never a done deal with you ladies.

No they won't. It is not in their best interest to spill blood. They spill blood and kill their hostages, then whatever authorities that are in the area will either kill or arrest them; neither condition is conducive to them receiving, and more importantly, spending the ransom money.
    Are you really that clueless? Really?
    Trust me, those pirates do not want us to go after them. They are no match for spec ops teams. This past incident should be good indication that spec ops snipers can reach out and touch them. If the pirates are going to kill the hostages, they better do it right off the bat because if they are out in the open like they were the other day, bullets from long range sniper rifles can quickly end them.
    Oh, stop making stupid posts.

SEALS > pirates

Nothing gets by you does it?
    For you to make such an asinine statement, that would indicate that you actually think someone thinks this is over. And for you to think that, that would make you stupid.

Anyway, here's a vid of some of the training they go through. Looks similar to some of the scenes in G.I. Jane.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=30205480?

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Neither is giving into their demands.
    And they are asking for the war, not us. And I hope we give it to them. They are at a major disadvantage going to war. They know better than to start this with us. It is not in their best interest. They kill hostages...they get killed themselves, or at least arrested w/life in prison being someone's b####. If they are dead or in prison, they can't spend the money that they will never have gotten.
    When the pirates learn that the job is just too risky, they will stop doing it.

Your posts make you sound like a p###y, jesse.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is all about money. When the pirates start getting slaughtered, they will stop. Human nature. When the Pirates start getting money. They will want more. Human nature. Solution is readily apparent. Show of force ends it. This is where all other countries will once again look to the US for the only possible solution. It's why we are the great nation that we are. We're going to step it up.

The pirates had a cause, but piracy does nothing to resolve it. Otherwise their demands would be different. Their logic is not reasonable. It's escalation. If they want to negotiate they need to come up with some solutions of their own. But they don't. They aren't thinking their way through the problem. So all this is about is money now. Not human decency. They have declared War on the vessels in that water. And so war it is. It's gone from being a cause to a declaration of war on the innocent. Not all countries are the cause of their problems. Not all people. They made a mistake here and will pay dearly for becoming the root of evil.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oddly enough, France has been stepping up. Who saw that coming?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar