Pink Floyd vs Queen CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 24, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Pink Floyd vs Queen

Poll closed Feb 25, 2016.
  1. Pink Floyd

71.4%
  2. Queen

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I saw that Styx guy on Paladium. It was a bit comical to tell the truth. Yeah he can sing, but an old guy in leather pants grinding his boner on a keyboard is kinda disturbing. Never like Tommy Shaw or the other guy so they could sound like they did when they were 12 and it would still hard on my ears..

It is truly weird to me when bands wheel out a sound-alike or lookalike replacement for a popular band member. I get the conundrum the band faces moving forward but all of them feel like they have moved squarely into self parody territory when they do that. That Philippino Journey guy could sing too - but it still never seems real.

Cee-Jay Ramone? Nice guy probably - who got hired to play a fake Dee Dee? WTF? At least at the final show Dee Dee got to confront his clone on stage and didn't cut him any slack.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I have no idea what he's talking about.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

@CRUDS yeah, +1 on all that, but all bands become self-parody to some extent after a while. If you're not still prolific and relevant then you're just on the nostalgic tribute band tour.

Re: CJ Ramone: their documentary "End of the Century" has the band all excited and praising CJ as a welcome breath of fresh air, while DeeDee seemed glad to be out of that Gestappo-like arrangement. Your comment is surprising to me...is there video of that, and /or what did he say?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah here's video - from their farewell show. Dee Dee comes out and sings Love Kills but there is an interview either elsewhere on the DVD or another one where they talk about Dee Dee giving CJ the business at the same show.
    I'm sure you recall the part of the doc where Johnny basically says CJ should keep his nose out of it when he spoke up for Joey being too sick to be in the back of a tour bus.
    That honeymoon was brief between those two..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar