Pick up Cedric Benson NOW!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Like grouping Obama with Lil' Wayne...is that better?

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Refresh my memory on the ATL strip club shooting? That one escapes me.

Why would you inject race into the conversation. Not that I'm surprised, but just trying to figure out your slant.

I'm pretty sure, by your definition, I'm not better than that... so I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Didn't Pacman get into a shootout at a gas station after an all-nighter at a strip club?

how did I inject race into this? I compared one slight from two opposite sides of the same spectrum. Only after Riverman called me out for prejudice did I feel the need to make a similar black connotation to go along with my white analogy.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is your thought process I find offensive, not your statements. Nonetheless, we can all conduct ourselves in a medium of mutual respect.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Dude, you just depress me.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Funny, because I thought we should've re-signed Odom. Should've signed Samuels as well.

Sorry anyone's opinion is viewed as whining to you.

It's funny, you don't watch any college ball so you have no idea about the players coming out in the draft. And then once the draft goes on, you just praise everything the Titans have done. Like the Titans are perfect every decision they make is gold. It's ridiculous. You should apply to be there spokesmen.

But for real, what's the big deal? I'm just saying for CJ to have been worth using a first round pick on, then he better be a badass. Why? Because of the other available talent at RB that could fill in as second or third string. IF that's all CJ is this season, or particularly will be for a career, then it was a waste draft pick. SO, he better dominate to prove he was worth the first round pick (and the players we passed up to get him).

Do you have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion? Or just bash people because they don't praise all things Titans like you do?

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I agree with jwill that comparing benson to pacman is ridiculous. Benson has done things that any of us could and most of us have done. Although what Benson has done is wrong and stupid it's not near as bad as getting into shootouts and fighting strippers.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Floyd Reese tried that tatic. It didn't work. Bottom line, Odom isn't anything without KVB and Haynesworth. Also, the D line is way more important than the CBs. Samuel wouldn't imporve the defense, he would just eat cap.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Tried what tactic?

Ok, i agree D-line is more important. We don't know that Odom is nothing without those two. I certainly say he's the least good of the three, but he finally had a great year, and as a reward we say, "see ya".

You can't be serious. So Samuels isn't as good as Finnegan or Harper? What about if one of those two go down?

ridiculous.

And I hope every Titans fan comes to realize something. WE ARE NOT NEAR CAP HELL. We have money to sign one or two people high dollar, still re-sign our own players, and not face cap hell.

It's like every fan is in such unreal fear of cap problems, that situation is over. We probably have near the highest amount of unspent cap money going into 2008 right now.

But it's cool, we were just a playoff team in 2007. I wouldn't really try to get better either. I mean, we're just here to have a good time, not trying to win anything big right?

And IF we re-sign Albert and Stewart we are not going to be maxed out on the cap.

People be too afraid of what Floyd did, and expecting it to happen again. It's crazy.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Spending like money was going out of style.

I'm pretty sure he's nothing special without them. Hell, he wasn't special WITH them.

He's better. Just not not enough to make any difference. Here's an example: Is Nate Clements better than Shawntae Spencer? Sure. He is. However, when Clements joined the 49rs they were coming off a year when they had 14 INTs. This year they had 12. And while their point allowed total fell, this was probably due to the fact that other offenses had to less to win the game, and could play it safe. And Clements only had 4 INTs. He would have done a lot more if the team had more than 31 sacks, which was 21st in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar