Pick 93 of the 2020 NFL Draft: Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2020.

?
  1. A+

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. A

13 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. B+

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. B

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I agree, the more I look at him the more I love this pick. Dude has some serious wheels and is really elusive along with looking suprer natural. Can't wait to see what he does this season.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I watched tape on two games:
    • Against South Carolina: Really impressed here. He was harder to bring down that I was led to believe from scouting reports which was nice
    • Against Louisiana: Not impressed. Also not impressed with how he was being used, play of the OL or QB play, all of which I think hurt him. I later read that Crabbs called this as his worst performance of the season
    Being a KR is not that big to me, those guys are a dime a dozen. PR are the ones who are hard to get. He has a number of tackles, which I hope means he can cover kicks and punts too.

Dude looks like someone who will never be an every down guy, but he could be a good CoP, third down type guy. He seems to pick up the blitz well and has good hands, though they did not pass much to him.

I would have gone with Eno Benjamin in this role, but considering how much Eno dropped there must be issues there.

3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

I think he was saying till his 7th year nit 7 years starting from last year. I could see him staying productive till 2022.

If that was what he was saying.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Q: WHICH RUNNING BACK HAS THE HIGHEST BREAKOUT RATING OF ALL TIME?
    Trent Richardson

That's where I stopped.

• LOL LOL x 4
  6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Look at the rest of the list. And Richardson did "breakout" according to the models definition. That list of highest breakout ratings is full of the best RBs weve seen in recent history and about 3-4 that didnt cut it.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That chart is all over the place based on what my eyes watched when looking at these guys tape

8. tard53

tard53 Special Teams Standout

Looking at the above video I'm sure the numbers are inflated, because that's a Tecmo Bowl type of difference in skill levels. It's like he's playing against high school kids, and the first plays are just too easy.

But then at 1:17 we get this:

[​IMG]

That is some good running between the tackles, and some great YAC. I likes it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The Louisiana game was by far the worst performance that I saw. I watched several others, and he jumped off the screen a few times in each. LA was really stacking him in the box and going after him in the backfield like teams did to us before Tannehill took over. I was really impressed with the defensive strategy and effort, they played them better than SC or NC and wouldn't allow them to get the run game going at all. I see they won 11 games, I'd be looking at Napier as a HC candidate at one of the power 5 schools, if the season even happens

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Finally got around to watching him. I watched UNC and South Carolina. A lot of things to like; good balance, obviously fast, decisive, looks to be situationally smart with knowing where the first down marker is. The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar