Pick #85: Craig Stevens, TE, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Ahhh....Fisherball LIVES!!

2. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

vince I think we intend to average passing less than 15 times a game, so Johnson can catch them all on screens

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

"Stevens' 50 games in a California uniform rank second on the school list behind Daymeion Hughes (51 games, 2003-06)...Started 33 games for the Bears, catching 51 passes for 669 yards (13.1-yard average) and seven touchdowns, adding five solo tackles and 174 knockdown blocks"
    51 passes for 669 yards. He can catch.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

By the way, anyone else wondering what has happened to andre caldwell?

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

He's our kind of football player. Big, tough, blocks well, catches the ball. Everybody here admits that Crumpler has had knee issues and Scaife is only on contract for one more year. So it fills a position of potential need as well.

I also get the feeling that Manningham isn't even on our board.

6. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I guess I am not sure why we brought Dinger back as OC if we aren't going to throw the ball downfield. I must admit, I have never heard of this guy so I have no idea how good he is.....Would he have been around in the 4th?

I thought for sure we would take Caldwell the receiver or King the CB, but I guess I don't really know what the game plan is going to be.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

So can the other two TEs we have

8. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

and just to reaffirm: I do not think Stevens is a bad pick...but an unexpected one....and makes me wonder how weary the team is of the health of crumpler and scaife.

9. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

this essentially replaces ben hartstock, thus meaning that petrowski and blakely will not make the roster

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We lost our best blocking TE, Hartsock, a guy who I think was very underrated. Crumpler is supposed to be a good blocker, but he's getting up there in age too. Blakely may be nothing more than a camp body. Scaife could be gone at the end of his contract, and Troupe is gone.

I think the need for TE is there. I don't know much about this guy other than what I've read of him being a good blocker, and also he was a very good combine performer. The later makes you wonder if he has some untapped receiving potential.

I liked Red Bryant, Dre Moore or maybe Andre Caldwell there, but this is an ok pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar