Pick 82 of the 2019 NFL Draft: Nate Davis, G, Charlotte

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abdoulaye LY

Abdoulaye LY Camp Fodder

Jones might not make the 53 men roster . Grasu or Levin will win the starting OC this offseason.

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

someone said his biggest knockout is he plays way too low to the ground

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Him 'playing low' isn't a problem since low man usually wins. But he's very low to the ground in his stance - which is a bit unusual and may need correcting. He's strong and has a good power to his game and quick feet. But he tends to get too off balance and ends up on the ground too much! And he can be bullied at times. His worst rep at the Senior Bowl practices were of him getting put on his back and run over by Collier on a straight bull rush.

He's a very solid prospect but a little rough around the edges.

Typically, OG's that can start from day 1 go in the top 2 rounds. It'll be interesting to see who be throw up to take RT, RG.

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Saffold better take him on as apprentice,

And yeah I read that his stance was so low, the towel in his waistband folds a bit on the ground.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

A lot of upside to this kid but his stance still concerns me for the NFL level. I know it’s worked for him all these years but the DTs around the league get off the ball a hell of a lot faster than at the college level. Not to mention the complexity of blitzes that defenses throw at you where LBs and DBs are practically in the backfield before the qb even touches the ball. I’m sure it’s something that will be worked on this off season and hopefully it won’t be a difficult transition for him.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Obviously the stance thing is something I'm sure was discussed at the Senior Bowl but we'll have to evaluate whether it's something that we'll live with and just clean up his other issues or something that needs to be completely changed. Changing it could be beneficial long term but might keep him from starting this year...so it'll be interesting to see how they play this.

The questions are...who is starting at OC, RG, and RT? Davis will certainly be in the mix at RG. I know at the Senior Bowl he was practicing snapping...but I doubt he's ready to play OC this season in the NFL unless Saffold can make line calls and Davis can just play. I'd assume going into training camp we are looking at Jones, David, and Conklin as penciled in starters (even though Conklin did not look good last year and was outplayed by Kelly). But those 3 spots should have some good competition!!!

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Conk was not 100% last year....We really need him and Jones to be more consistent, otherwise, slide Kelly out there and move him inside. I do wish we got someone with Center capability this year. That position requires athleticism, especially with the scheme we run, and Jones was slackin’.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That stance lol

I worry he will be exposed by the blitz. Though, he should be great on short yardage runs.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Stance looks stupid as all hell lol, but I could care less how he stands, so long as he gets the job done.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Check his stance in the video @abc2330 posted, it is very low. Looks like he is taking a dump in the woods.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar