Pick #77: Damian Williams, WR, USC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh, I was just saying that cuz Harper's gone.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

kj/usc

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is pretty funny, actually.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

My guess is that Nate Washington loses his slot spot to Williams by week 1. And he'll return for us. This could turn out to be a good pick.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Damian should become the returner right away and #4 WR. I'm hoping by the end of the year our depth is: Britt - Gage - Williams - Washington - Hawkins. Then next year Williams will be #2.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

This guy is a great, great pick...I'll tell you why.

1) He runs exceptional routes. He ends up where he's supposed to be and he will get seperation from even the best corners. This will compliment Vince's average accuracy. I don't know why some of you think that speed equates with a reciever being able to get open. It helps but when everybody can run, you have to create seperation through great routes.

2) His catching ability, jumping ability, and body control allows him to become a very wide target. This again compliments Vince's accuracy. Couple that with his route running ability and you've got a great reliable target. Check out the sports science video somebody posted earlier.

3) He understands the route tree and has shown that he can adjust quickly to a QB. His numbers actually improved with a QB change. That means he's a great talent who can adjust to different throwing styles, etc. Vince won't have to put the ball on the money everytime, he'll just have to put it in his area and Williams will do the rest. He'll also be able to contribute immediately because he'll pick up the offense quickly.

4) He has return abilities. Great returners aren't always the fastest. And since when is 4.4 slow? Returning is a lot about instincts and reading your blocks. Some players have it and some don't.

I'm really, really excited about this pick. The reason Britt excelled while the other recievers didn't...he ran great routes and could get open. Imagine another option like Britt on the opposite side of the field. Two recievers who can get open, don't drop the ball, can adjust to catch the wild pass, and have enough speed to be deep threats as well. A perfect combination for Vince.

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Williams is ranked as the 6th receiver on scout.com 5 out of 5 stars

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I really think people look too much into combine results and don't pay attention to production and intangibles. I'm glad this draft we valued true athletes over workout warriors.

As much as we've learned in the past that workout warriors don't transition into great football players, I've seen a lot of complaining on the boards. How much do you hear about the guys with the fastest 40 times after the combines and drafts? Usually not much.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like this pick a lot. Like I said about Britt last season, come late October and we'll have our starter. I feel the same towards Williams. Give him 5 or 6 games, and I think he'll emerge as our No. 2 WR beating out Washington and Gage for playing time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar