Pick #5 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Davis is gonna beast out any game now , no worries over here . I think hes just getting his football conditioning where it needs to be plus he's a hard worker , he gets it. Very low risk of failure with this guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Davis and Mariota's chemistry is easily fixed with some time spent together at practice.
    If the sideline throws need work from Mariota and that's where Davis is to be used..then practice that.
    That's on the staff as well not just Mariota and Davis

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You are probably right there are some catches you'd expect a High pick to make. But we've also seen some, like in the first game when he snatched it above the defender's head, and last game when he made the late extension on the sideline to pull it in, that show that he has the size and catch radius of a go to receiver.

Even on the fumble play, he showed what kind of speed he has. Josh Shaw couldn't even get an angle on him, and he runs a 4.44. He was in the slot during this play, as he was much during college, and I think the efficiency will go up a lot if we play to our QB strengths instead of having him force it outside.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Right on the money. First of all, I'm in the minority, but I didn't even consider the fumble a "boneheaded" play, we're only calling it boneheaded because he couldn't hold on to it before getting in the endzone. If AJ Green or Julio Jones did the same thing, no one would have called it a boneheaded play.

Even though that fumble cost us 7 points, we've NEVER had a receiver with that kind of run-after-the-catch ability before (maybe Kenny Britt pre-injury). So that alone should have you excited about this kid's potential.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea, I have to say I am really not worried about him at all at the moment.

He missed all of training camp and most of the practices right? If so, the fact he is even on the field is pretty damn impressive imo.

Not saying I am satisfied with him, but I still feel this guy will be one of the best players we have sooner rather than later.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Agreed. In the first game against Oakland, he caught one at the 19 where it appeared that the CB was right beside him to make the tackle, and before you knew it, he was inside the 8.

In his short time in the league, I have only become more optimistic that his ability translates to the NFL. I've seen him school quite a few defenders with his athleticism and route running. On the fumble play, he sold the CB into running straight into the pick by making a jump cut at the last moment. He is so sudden that the CBs had to hold him on a couple of passes where Mariota missed him downfield.

He looks like a top 5 talent IMO.

7. MarcusMayhem8

MarcusMayhem8 Starter

Hopefully he breaks out soon but next season with a full off season.... enough said

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Haven’t got #5 pick production out of him yet. Time to see production these next few games.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

https://streamable.com/qef5h

https://streamable.com/zmj3o

A ton of yards left on the field because of Mariota's inaccuracy. He clearly beat his guy both times. Unless you count this as one of those balls which bounced off his hands.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I could just as easily say Davis broke late on the ball or didn’t run the right route.

Ridiculous to blame Mariota when our other WRs have a much higher completion % with Mariota throwing to them than does Davis.

I am hopeful the lack of production during the first half of the season was an anomaly and due to injury. I’m hopeful Davis kills it from here on out and especially these next few games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar