Pick #45: USC RB LenDale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A dinged hammy doesn't cause a normal person to gain 15-20 pounds and get outbenched by a quarterback.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It does if you eat too much and do no cardio or can't work out. Boxers gain weight all the time between fights, then get in shape again. What's your point? He was always in shape for the season obviously, had no character issues during the season, and this hammy injury was his first real "serious" injury in his collegent career. So we shouldn't draft a guy because he had a poor offseason? Get outta here....

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I thought there was some character issues with him?

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Lol, ok man. Who said anything about not drafting him? My concern is the same as the other 31 NFL teams evidentally. He isn't in shape at the most crucial point in his career, so what does that say about him? But you're right. Let's just give him a pass because he ran behind the best line in the NCAA against mostly Pac-10 defenses on one of the most talented units ever.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

31 teams pass on great players all the time. Its called finding value and getting overlooked.

Most crucial part of his career should be on the field when he was setting Pac-10 records left and right and being AS productive as the #2 overall pick.

So I guess Leinhart and Bush and Mike Williams should all be overlooked because they played great as a team? A great prospect at RB can't have a great line to run after; funny, I thought a team's running game is two fold.

Be happy we picked up a Top 20 (not just my opinion, it was documented by some draft experts when he came out) talent with the 39th pick man.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

If there was, they aren't a big deal, because Chow vouched for him and the pick was clearly retribution for passing on Leinhart, who Chow and Fisher wanted a lot.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm extremely happy with the pick, but I still understand why everyone else passed on him. I feel good that we had inside info on him and still selected him, but we also traded down with a chance to take him earlier in the round...

And yes, there is always the consideration when a player produces on a great team that his production was a product of the players around him more so than his own talent. We don't get to bring the entire USC team with us just for drafting LenDale, unfortunately.

On the field production may be an important factor, but clearly athletic ability supercedes that in many cases. Hello Heith Schuler, Scott Frost, Charlie Ward, Shaun King, Ron Dayne, Rocky Calmus, Peter Warrick, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, etc etc.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Every good team has to have good players and USC was no exception. When you look at a storied tradition like USC and all the great players they've had over the years its hard to believe that LenDale leads them all in scoring. This is my favorite pick so far in the draft when you look at worth for your pick. This is a guy that was projected to be a first round no-doubter and we got him in the second round. I like it. I guess we can say good bye to Mr. Henry...

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd rather have Henry than keep waiting on Brownie, he just can't hold up.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh this is a grreeaaat pick. Teams will regret passing. You know they all went "oh schnap" when we got him with our 2nd pick. At #45, that's a HUGE still, for a guy who at a brief point could have gone top 15 even. We saved some money here, especially with not having a 3rd round pick.

I love that graphic that shows how LenDale had 24 rushing TDs last year compared to the Titans only having 8.

Ummmm....now who has the best running back in the AFC South?

It's crazy we now have 6 RBs on the roster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar