Pick 224 of the 2020 NFL Draft: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude can definitely throw.

Accuracy is another thing, but saying his arm doesn't look strong?....

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

And his accuracy has improved all 3 years. This year he was around 63% and over 4000 yards. You like to see year over year improvement.

3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

It has and thats good but he is talking ball placement. He does good some but it is poor most of the time. I will say he lands a dime more than love does. Idk what anyone sees in that dude.

4. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Jfc I just agreed with deuce and chronos...

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unlike Jake Locker taken #8, who was already known to have accuracy issues, I'm cool with taking a risk with a guy at #224 (even though many thought it a reach).

Far from a perfect science, I think completion % is as good as it gets in predicting how accurate he'll be in the NFL. He improved his completion percentage from 58.9 to 63.8 from his soph to junior seasons (Locker was 55.4 his senior season though in a superior conference). But I'd like to see stats which show the avg. depth of the receiver per completion. If anyone knows of a site for that, please let me know.

I think Hawaii runs the Run-and-Shoot which probably means a ton of slants but we do know he had 2nd-highest throw velocity at the Combine.

He won't be competing to be the #2 anytime soon. I expect he'll be on the practice squad if he can grasp the playbook and shows promise. I still think it's very possible the Titans don't have their #2 QB on the roster yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Why wouldn’t you agree with me? DW I get, but me? C’mon man.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

My feelings exactly. I think Woodside and McDonald will battle for #3 on the expanded roster. Number 2 isn’t on the roster yet.

8. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

You have said some dumb crap this off-season. You are not on his level, It was a compounded deal.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Every body on this board has said some dumb crap this off season. And every off season. In fact, every season. It’s what gives the place its charm.

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Maybe it's all in his footwork and base - hopefully O'hara can fix it.
    The rip and dip style of throw seems to be what puts power into his throw.

I don't remember the last time we had four qbs at training camp......

Mariota, Mettenberger, Tanney
    Mariota, Cassel, Tanney
    Mariota, Gabbert, Falk (signing Woodside after Falk waivers)
    Mariota, Tannehill, Woodside

Tannehill, ----------, McDonald, Woodside?

I just don't see the trend changing much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar