Pick 224 of the 2020 NFL Draft: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You have a irrational fear of being right or something?

I'm like the safest bet here. haha

Don't know who chronos is to judge that one though.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I use a magic 8 ball for those type of things.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Your are the safest bet around here and that is not a compliment.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think the staff liked the dreads. It takes some cojones to pull that off.

Jordan Love was drafted in the 1st, and this guy had 14 more TDs, 3 fewer INTs, is the same size and had a faster 40 time. In the same conference.

Hawaii hasn't had a winning record since 2010, while they were still in the WAC. They were 21-55 while part of the MWC before McDonald was the QB. They just had two winning seasons with him as a starter, including a 10 win season last year. He's a 7th rounder and a long shot, but he could also easily be more talented than we realize

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd bet my life Jordan Love throws more TDs this season than Cole McDonald throws in his entire NFL career.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

Buffalo bills drafted Allen and Fromm both long shots....Titans drafted Cole McDonald. Whats the difference? I would rather risk a 7th round pic on a long shot.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Finally got around to watching this guys last 2 games in college, some good and some bad.

The bad: that 4.58 rarely showed up. When trouble comes his way he was a sitting duck. He also likes to throw into coverage often.

He seems to understand situational football, but he also scrambles for 1st downs and comes up short. Id like to see him throw for 1st downs, which he does, but when he doesnt throw he goes down short of the needed yards.

The good: big time arm. Throws guys open usually, which paired with our players could be fun to watch.

As for not playing under Center, it may affect his timing some but its a pretty easy thing to learn. And with the ability to use RPO's he can keep teams honest.

Verdict: lets hope he doesnt have to play this yr. But if he does we have Henry at least.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

He over threw a wr bad in combine in under center.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mary had similar struggles and made out fine playing under Center, imo its an easy fix

Mahomes too iirc

We do a lot of 3 step drops so that may be this guys biggest challenge. Going from a shotgun style where the QB ends up deeper than what we ask of a QB.

The important part is this dude has stuff you cant coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'll take that bet.

Jordan Love wont play for like 4 years.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar