Pick #199 of the 2018 NFL Draft: Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Continuously using 13:15 as the only stat to define a "bad" year is a copout and lazy.

Take the ENTIRE body of work. Not a great season, but not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

It's also not giving him a pass to say he's played well enough to earn a 4th season as starter.
    All that said, sticking with the QB that shows as much potential (and proved it in 2016) as he does, allows to build the rest of the team up. If Mariota still "sucks" in 2019, then a replacement should be looked for AND that person will already have a team built for success.

I'm really not sure what your hang up overall is, but it seems as if you're suggesting we either should have drafted a QB this year (in a real position, not 6th round) or we should have fought to sign the big FA names and cut ties with Mariota.
    If it's just to say he had a bad year but you're still good with him at QB, I don't understand the continuous fight, you could have made that point 700 posts ago.
    If it's to say he's a bad QB and should be replaced already, then there's a reason you stand alone on your argument.

EDIT: Just read your next post. Seems your on board with MM and think he will improve. Not really sure why the constant argument to try "proving" this year was so bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Well then why did our O line fall off, our RBs, WRs. The entire unit as an offense fell off in 2017! You blame and hate the QB so much yet fail to acknowledge the fall off of the other players? Could it be that the defensive coordinators figured out the terrible exotic smash mouth scheme and its blatant predictable plays? Explain...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

The entire offensive side fell off ...
    As I have stated before , if it was only M. Mariota who fell off then I would be more inclined to side with you. But again the entire offensive side fell off. Will not argue the fact that he had more Int's then TD's in 2017, because those numbers are facts. Just like the fact that he helped take the team to the playoffs and won a ( road ) playoff game. It's been a long time , too long since we were last played a playoff game. That is one of the reasons that I will over look the bad Int-TD numbers for last season ...

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Then why are you always talking about the negatives if you think he gets better ?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Mariota showed me all I needed to know in the KC game when he said screw this and took over the game. All he needs is the right offensive game plan and he will not only play well, he will dominate.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Dw, you only bring up points that you know will be argued and then either don't answer them directly or you beat around the bush. Then you say "i think he'll be better in 2018" but, you continue to denounce the points that posters bring up as to why his play fell off. You argue for the sake of arguing even if you yourself doesn't agree with the point. I understand you use this as a platform to get out your frustrations, but damn man, at least acknowledge the fact that your wrong sometimes, be a man.

This team fell off last dew to a lot of factors. Injuries, inept coaching staff, mm8, the oline, the rbs, the wrs. It's easy to point out one guy, but to act like he's the main reason makes it look like you know very little about sports and even life in general. Success is determined by an accumulation of factors, not the performance of one entity.

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I don't think there are as many good backups as people think. The fringe starting-caliber QBs are either going to a place where they have a shot at pushing for the starting job, or a favorable situation which won't completely derail their career if their services were required.

Look at the coaches that Nick Foles went to after that Jeff Fisher disaster- Andy Reid and Doug Pederson. I'm sure he wouldn't touch a Mike Mularkey coached team with a ten foot pole.

People are too hard on Cassel. We were barely beating bad teams with our starter. What were you expecting?

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Why is there Falk fans in here? Seriously? I scout the NFL draft and his tape almost made me go blind

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He's been sacked 125 times in his career. He's worth a flyer. I love his ball placement. I just think that he's been rattled. Playing with a broken bone while constantly taking a beating can't have a positive effect on ones psyche and poise.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yes, as I stated earlier in the thread, I am a Pac12 guy and have seen a lot of his games. Not impressed. He benefited greatly from Mike Leach's pass heavy offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar