Pick 19 of the 2019 NFL Draft: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2019.

?
  1. Love it. Amazing value. Elite talent.

46 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Like it. A lot of potential. All others I wanted were taken.

46 vote(s)
    41.8%
  3. Meh. I have no idea.

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Hate it. Not healthy. Won't contribute this season.

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Here’s another video about Simmons journey to the NFL:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I probably dont know all of what Bosa tweeted but what I did see was him saying some not so flattering things about Beyonce and a comic book movie...

Thats waaaay less worse than striking a lady whos already toppled over.

Im not trying to trash Simmons, but these are not two equal things he and Bosa pulled.

Bosa's thing is barely worth anyones attention. Not the kind of thing to talk up during a draft pick.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

What an awesome moment for these kids. That one phone call making dreams become reality.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Rather he sit and recover the first year than the second or third.. Says something to expected longevity of staff and front office that they drop first round picks on waitlisted players..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cuttin onions, River?

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

All of you that are mad he can't play right away need to take a step back and realize the future is more important than the now. I learned that from the Lewan pick. I HATED that pick when we made it, because we had two starting OTs at the time, but now he's my favorite Titan. It has worked out beautifully.

I'm a Mississippi State fan and I have probably watched Simmons more than most on this board, and let me tell you this guy is a MONSTER. He's a top 5 talent and I saw a tweet that said some teams thought when healthy he was better than Quinnen Williams. One analyst called him the best player in the draft. That's the type of player we're getting. Will we have to wait on him? Yes. But you know what they say about those who wait.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

And their parents. Nice for them to see their children get rewarded for the long hours they committed and the associated sacrifices.

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I don’t want to believe it but I just read with this injury he won’t be hundred percent till the 2021 season . I hope their projections are off but whatever , I’m gonna treat it like we didn’t have a pick , draft starts today.

9. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Everyone complaining about the injury needs to realize that if he wasn't hurt, the Titans had no shot at getting him. The talent is there.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Look for Robinson to move back from 51 to make up for not having Simmons available this yr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar