Pick 19 of the 2019 NFL Draft: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2019.

?
  1. Love it. Amazing value. Elite talent.

46 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Like it. A lot of potential. All others I wanted were taken.

46 vote(s)
    41.8%
  3. Meh. I have no idea.

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Hate it. Not healthy. Won't contribute this season.

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

simmons2.jpg

Impressive physical specimen offering rare combination of strength and athleticism for future dominance in a variety of defensive schemes. Simmons involvement in a fight between two women in 2016 will surely be a cause for concern, but his avoidance of trouble while at college should help his cause. His on-field issues are self-created and largely due to a lack of instincts, but the physical tools and immense upside outweigh those concerns. Simmons has All-Pro potential and should become an early starter and star.

====

Jeffery Simmons is a disruptive interior defender who will make a muck of the pocket on passing situations and be an effective penetration tackle in the NFL. Simmons' ceiling will be defined by how much better he can be at finishing plays and/or by how effective his teammates are and playing the same style of football. Simmons has high end explosiveness/length, which will come in handy in efforts to disrupt play between the tackles.

====

Simmons was one of college football’s most disruptive defensive lineman in 2018. Simmons combines natural athletic ability with power, explosiveness and quickness that allows him to penetrate gaps and win one-on-one situations.

He plays light on his feet and moves very fluidly. Simmons has impressive range against the run and can control opposing lineman with his hand usage. Despite finishing 2018 with just two sacks, he flashes pass rush ability, as he can bull rush or use his counters to cleanly beat interior offensive linemen. Simmons gets down the line quickly and suddenly sheds blocks to make play on running backs in the backfield.

Simmons hasn’t even scratched the surface of his potential. His ceiling is as a dominate, disruptive interior defender with above average pass rush production. His off-field incident will be weighed differently by each NFL team. He is scheme diverse, but is an ideal fit for 4-3 teams and profiles best as a 3-technique at the next level.

====

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

him and Harold Landry are gonna be great.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I can't complain about this pick

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

I guess I called that. Although i hoped we would trade down to do it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The ghost of Kevin Dodd

• Pigeon Bomb x 3
    • LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

A 300lb Tyreek Hill!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Is this guy seriously not going to play this year?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

this guy is amazing, as long as that ACL heals up, we get a steal in the long run.

JRob playing the long game

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I don’t think that is any talent evaluators estimation. He is a legit top 10 talent prior to ACL tear. Think this was a great pick!

10. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Simmons is the 3rd highest graded player in the draft. We got him at 19. That's a half price rookie deal. Good business decision.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar