Pick #176: Rusty Smith, QB, Florida Atlantic

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why a QB?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I've never Heard of Florida Atlantic before. Indication that I don't understand this pick. ...Also indication that I know nothing about college football. :lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I think I can get behind all of our other picks, but this guy really perplexes me. I can't imagine anyone else drafting this guy, why didn't we just use our comp 7th on him, I just don't get it? I'll trust the FO on the receiver from Montana as well, however I'd much rather have picked Dorin Dickerson instead of him. But Rusty Smith, c'mon, hell anyone with the name "Rusty" can't make it in the NFL can they :)?

4. 24

24 Starter

I like the pick. They brought him in, along with Dan LeFevour and Levi Brown. They obviously saw something they liked. Let him sit for two years, could be a great pick if VY doesn't work out.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You call yourself a "true" fan because you disagree with draft picks. Hypocrite.

And if God has a problem, he'll let me know, not some internet person.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol don't tell people what words they can and can't use. Thats so DAMN ridiculous. :suspect: Just because you're "religious" doesn't mean you can control other peoples speech patterns. :rolleyes:

7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I'm sure we liked him more than the other players but we still shouldn't have wasted the draft pick. He wasn't going to be drafted. Same goes for the Montana WR. They may very well be good players but we're going to go undrafted. Hell, you can even throw that DT in with the bunch.

8. EZMoney

EZMoney Camp Fodder

wow what a pick... take it how you want it....

9. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

So what you are saying is that the Titans front office is comprised with a bunch of idiots who constantly draft players that no other team in the league would have drafted?

You have no clue what you are talking about. Even if they would have gone undrafted like you claim, what guarantees do the Titans have of signing them to UDFA contracts? There are 31 other teams out their and lets not forget the CFL.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I thought Perriloux was a better prospect from a talent perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar