Pick #176: Rusty Smith, QB, Florida Atlantic

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I went to the link hoping for a paypal acct or something. Buuuuuttt, since you've explained... I'll uh... write a small one. :)

And passing on Lefevour was simply so people wouldn't want him to be starting next season, I think. Fish and Co know it'd actually cause buzz. So instead we take some scrub that'll probably make Vince look brilliant in preseason.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think TN really wanted a QB that could compete for Vy's Job.

They wont get us a young QB that could outplay VY in Pre Season. cause as soon as VY sucked it up in regular season we would have QB drama again.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Apparently the scouts, GM and Dinger don't agree with you which is why they took the guy. If I had a choice of just feeding Dinger some guy douche Wayne recommended or letting Dinger have his pick of the guy he thinks can succeed I go with Dinger on this one. Dinger really likes his footwork and the kid has always played in a pro style offense. When you get to be the Offensive Coordinator you get to pick the QB you want.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Oh, by the way I do get frustrated when I can't get into the sit or get a "Data Base Error" but the last thing I am going to do about it is complain.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who cares? The guy will be competing with a long term backup role with Simms. Besides you never know, give him a chance.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

HOLD. Jeff certainly doesn't have to put in the hard work and time here that he does for us fans. Pretty sure the ads support the site not Jeff's pocket. I am thankful for this site and do not presume that I have to right to complain.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. iQon

iQon Starter

Just to clarify --- My beef with this is, I would have rather took a stab at DLine/LB/secondary/returner depth, instead of a QB. A little more competition where our weaknesses lie couldn't hurt.

I'm not talking about drafting a potential #1, I'm looking at this as picking up a QB who will make Chris Simms earn his #2 spot. Good guy, but I'd like to see Simms outplay a better prospect. At this point, I don't trust him to step in for our starter like I would Kerry and vice versa with VY.

Nobody has a crystal ball. Yes, if they feel this guy fits THEIR system best than it's probably the right choice. Doesn't mean it's not a wasted pick though. If Kerry's coming back, it will be.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not being considered for a mod.

And you're a whiny little girl.

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Stick to talking football, refrain from bashing opinions that are different than yours, and don't using the Lord's name in vain and you'll do fine. Rules are rules.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There's a rule here about taking the Lord's name in vain? I didn't ******* know about it..

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar