Pick #169: Tennessee DT Jesse Mahelona

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Height: 6-0Weight: 31140 Time: 5.08With the 169th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Tennessee DT Jesse Mahelona.Mahelona is a hard-working one-gap tackle who plays with a nasty attitude. He explodes off the snap, plays with good pad level and displays solid hand technique protecting himself. He fires up the field between gaps, flashes on the scene and has a burst of closing speed. He stays with the action and plays injured.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001437.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm very, very happy about this pick. Mahelona was an All-American his Junior year but had a subpar Senior year. I've thought all along that Jesse was way underated, and he fell right to us. He's going to make some plays this year.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

good pick!!!!!

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Washburn will put some fire under him to produce I hope...hopefully he doesn't come in with Haynesworthitis...

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

First pick in this draft (aside from Young) that actually made sense to me...

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Another guy with very good potential and maybe needing a little motivation. Sweet :brow:

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Good pick, Mahelona would have been a first, early second if he came out last year.

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

I absolutely love this pick

9. Seems like a lot of positive reactions from the people on the board

Our DT position needs depth, and this is a solidpick

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Best pick of day 2 this kid can and will play some this year!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar