Pick #126: Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by sirjesse, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

hawkins

now that is a super pick. Overall, with the exception of hayes I think this has been a good draft

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Pick #126 : WR Lavelle Hawkins - Cal

finally

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i like this one. i was a little surprised, at this point i've just come to expect disappointment.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

the truth will set us free

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

the only problem with hawkins is, hayes might beat him in the forty LOL

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hawkins will make the team.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

looks like hopefully our new Mason

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the 126th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans have selected Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California. The 5'-11", 187 pounder runs a 4.52 40. A great athlete with good body control and ball skills who plays tough and will work the middle of the field. He plays faster than he times and can separate with his explosiveness. He is also elusive and runs well after the catch.

NFL.com: Has an athletic, slender physique with lean muscle tone, a bit high-cut, but shows tapered thighs and calves...Has large, soft hands to extend for the ball away from his frame, compensating for shorter-than-ideal arms... Had good production in several games as a senior, when his athletic ability took over, but still needs to develop better football skills (timing on leaps, blocking, concentration)... Has the valid timed speed, body control and hand-eye coordination to run under most throws, but does need to refine his route-running... When his head is in the game and he gets a clean release, he is quick to get into his patterns... Better working in the zone, as he does an efficient job of settling into the soft area... Does a nice job of keeping his feet inbounds when working along the sideline...Runs with pitter-patter steps, showing good change-of-direction agility...

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see that happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar