Philips Had Same Injury As Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I will never understand why people love Locker so much here, he has barely stayed on the field to really prove anything. I don't think he can read defense well, still overthrows the ball like crazy and gets picked off and to top it off he keeps the bench warm while other players play. To me this sounds like a first round BUST! The sooner we realize this the sooner we can move on and get a franchise qb. I will root for him behind center when he is a TITAN but last year it was amazingly clear that this guy is not out future.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I thought it said JL not JM at first

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I respect your opinion, but I see the potential. I know he hasn't been that consistent and the injury concerns are well documented. He still seems to be putting it all together at times when he is on the field. He's still a young player. He still has a chance. It's still unclear how our QB situation is going to be going into next season, but I believe you have to give Locker one last chance.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I respect your opinion as well as I thank you for respecting mine. The problem I have with Locker is that in today's NFL the league favors the pass and QB's come out of college so well developed now that he is very far behind. I want this team to win a championship sooo bad but I can't picture Locker being consistent as well as healthy enough at the most vital position on the team to do that. If this was 10 years ago when QB's sat for a year or two and developed I would say yes, give him more time but today I see other teams make their move and move on. The panthers are a great example of this. They drafted Clausen, didn't like him and didn't give him more time and then drafted Newton and look where they are now! We don't want to miss on a possible franchise qb because we are trying to develop this guy IMHO.

6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Locker is lucky to even have a job. 4th season and we're still talking about "potential" for our Starting QB.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Crazy right?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Problem with you is you believe there's an abundance of franchise QBs out there that we can go pick off a tree.

Find me anyone better and I'm down to have them. Problem is we can't upgrade our QB situation from Jake Locker this year without trading away our entire draft.

IMO this draft offers 2 potential franchise quarterbacks, and a handful of guys still 1-year away from being able to overtake a Jake Locker. The 2014 Jake Locker is a bigger badder animal than any rookie we'll see at the 11th pick.

9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Whitehurst won't be holding that clipboard for very long thats for sure.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I just think it's sad Vince Young imo showed more potential during his tenure in Tennessee than Jake Locker has, immaturity issues included.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar