Philip Rivers signs extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

He has certainly been kicking our ass for the last decade..... 1 win (last year :yes2:) vs 6 straight losses to him.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

not that high of a bar to reach

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I am not knocking our new QB. I do like the young man and the quality person he seems to be. I was simply answering the question you asked. Franchise QBs are so hard to find, and that is why teams are opening up their wallets for them in a big way. It is funny that out of several QBs that are making 20 million plus a year, none of them are Brady or Manning. Hopefully MM will turn out for us. If he doesn't, this franchise is doomed for another 4 or 5 years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I gotcha...

John Glennon was on the local Sports Radio Network here in Portland. He is on record that Marcus Mariota will have the better NFL career between he and Winston. I agree with him. My money is on him.

I had a chance to watch the sat press conference with Coach Wisenhunt. He looked like a lil kid in a candy store. With a loss you would think there would a sense of deflation. I think he is really high on what he has available to him. Probably Mariota but I think he really likes this team. They should be fun to watch for years to come. Give Mariota a chance. He has embraced this situation and my money is on hiim.

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Mariota will (probably) be good. No sense giving up a young QB for an old QB who hasn't proven he can take a more talented team deep to the SB. I never understood the camp that wanted to trade for him.

it was kinda funny though, I went to some charger forums and they thought we would have to give them our next two firsts and a second yada yada for rivers, while a lot of people here thought they would give us their first and second and third. One of our fanbases would be pretty disappointed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

The hope is that Mariota can eventually put up performances like that. If he can't, then we wasted a draft pick and might as well have stuck with Mett.

The main difference between Mariota and Rivers is tied to one major thing they have in common: neither have ever won a Super Bowl, the difference being that Mariota (hopefully) has 12+ years to get it done, and Rivers likely has 3 at best.

Also, Rivers hasn't been able to even get to a Super Bowl with some pretty decent teams. Why you think our FO was magically going to become competent and fill in all of the pieces around Rivers to make the Titans good enough for him to win a Super Bowl over the next two seasons is beyond me.

Quite frankly, I feel pretty confident in saying that Rivers would have never won a Super Bowl as a Titan (and likely never will otherwise). I can't say the same of Mariota, since a lot can happen in the next 4-5 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar