philip merling is the pick at 24

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

If Merling is there @ 24 then I agree he would be the pick.

BUT I don't think he will be. Probably Groves instead.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Any reason for the Merling hate?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

people are dead set on getting a WR, even if we have to reach for a second round talent.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I have no problem with Merling or whatever defensive end our FO thinks will be the best fit. We have a huge hole at that position and Kearse can't fill it by himself. I'm still hoping we go defense in the first and then Earl Bennett in the second.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree that Merling will be the pick if he's there, but it all depends on what Kansas City does with their first pick. If they end up with Long or Gholston, then they will go for an OT at #17. Which may lead to both Harvey and Merling falling to Washington at #21. In that case, I think Washington would take Harvey with Merling probably sliding to us.

If Long is gone and KC doesn't feel the need to take Gholston (or NYJ trades ahead of them to get him), they will take Clady or Albert. Then they will probably be looking at Harvey or Merling at #17, leaving whoever they don't take for Washington to snag, unless Philly decides to go DE of course.

Basically, it's impossible to do an accurate mock draft at this point. Especially one for the Titans.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

The D-Line classes aren't very deep this year so going D-Line early makes the most sense. WR has a pretty solid as well as deep class. No superstar WR's but a lot of very good ones. I wouldn't mind if we went D-Line then CB then WR.

1. Merling/Balmer
    2. Porter
    3. Nelson/Royal

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I wouldnt mind something like

1. Merling
    2. Fred Davis
    3. Eddie Royal
    4. Red Bryant
    4. Steve Slaton
    4. Best CB available
    5. WR ADARIUS BOWMAN!!!!!!

Definately just gave the O a shot in the arm and add depth on defense

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I say we use that extra 4th on Adarius if he's there. He wont make it to 5. Once you get to round 5, the only people that's heard of the choices are their family members.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'd bet Bowman doesn't even get drafted. If he does then it won't be until the late 6th or 7th.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And people who follow the game. Guess that rules you out on both counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar