Phil Steele's NFL Forecast

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

EVERY season the Jags are the best team in the AFC South...

they could go 1-15 this year, and analysts would still predict them to win the Super Bowl next season. I don't get it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How can one justify jacksonville winning 13 games in this division? 12 of the games on their schedule are potential losses. And how do the bears go 6-10 with that defense? The packers playoff bound without favre?

My afc south prediction..

Colts 11-5
    Titans 10-6
    Jags 10-6
    Texans 7-9

Someone is going to get the injury bug. Jacksonville typical falters after a good year and the jags did not help themselves at WR. Houston looks solid on defense but i think their offense will lose a notch. Scaub won't play as well and AJ might miss half the season with an injury.

Our 10-6 will be better and more ready for the post season than last years 10-6 team.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree with you. I think this is the year the colts decline. It starts with Manning missing training camp.

Week 1 will be big for us. We beat the Jags, like last year, and I think we will be succesful this season. If not, its gonna be tough.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titans 12-4
    Colts 9-7
    Jaguars 6-10
    Texans 4-12

5. Deuce Wayne

The colts have already been on a decline. We've caught up. Though they'll still be able to score a lot.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

:bsflag:

The Steelers at 9 and 7? More like 11 and 5.
    Denver 8 and 8? More like 6 and 10.
    The Jags at 13 and 3? More like 8 and 8.
    Us at 8 and 8? 11 and 5 sounds about right.
    Phily at 11 and 5? More like 8 and 8.
    Dallas will be more like 12 and 4.
    Green Bay is going 11 and 5. Not 9 and 7.
    St. Louis will be 4 and 12.
    The 'Aints are going to be 8 and 8, while the Panthers will be 11 and 5. Bucs at 9 and 7.

Pretty weak if you ask me. He seems to be big on the bandwagon teams.

7. Deuce Wayne

I could see Dallas winning all but 2. They only improved, and improved pretty well.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We beat the Texans twice, split w/Jags, and only beat the Colts because they had already clinched.

Outside of the division we beat the Falcons, Panthers, Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, Saints. Oh, and I forgot we got murdered by the Bengals, being the only NFL team not to score a touchdown against what the majority would say had the worst defense in the league.

Maybe our division's record was good because of the opponents our division had to play outside of it.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

This 11-5 talk for the Titans has my pocket doing back-flips. Anyone want to make a wager that the Titans win 11, if you really do believe this... or is this just fan-hype talk? If you truly believe it, lets *make it interesting*

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I can't see us taking a step back with a 8-8 season (barring injuries obviously)
    but I don't think an another 10-6 is too hard to believe and with some luck a 11-5 season isn't out of the question with the changes/additions we made this off-season.

In saying that I think we struggle early but we will surprise as the season goes on.

Division wise I think Jax gives us more trouble than Indy and Houston could surprise if their running game improves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar