Peyton or Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

seriously, are you kidding? It's a public poll.

:bricks:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Maybe.:hmm:

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Last time I checked, Peyton Manning hadnt murdered anyone. Or been suspended by his team for being a derelict.

Is Manning a saint? Hell no, the guy definately has a few minor skeletons in his closet, but he doesnt come with nearly the baggage that Ray Ray or TO would.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The only dumb thing about this thread is that there is a very large number of people on this site who've picked Vince Young. This is like a Wonderlic, I'm helping all of you guys sort through the retards on this board.:banned:

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He's been killing his teams chances in the Post Season for years now. :coltssuk:

6. I would take a playmaker with tons of athletic ability and young talent, then a guy who never seems to go the distance with a brilliant team behind him. Vince has proven he can win in the big time, has Peyton? There may have been less presure on Vince Young when he won the championship, but he can do it.

Besides :coltssuk: and Peyton Manning is a :cuss:

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I picked Vince Young
    #1 Manning will choke, always has, always will. I would want a championship
    #2 Vince is an amazing(but raw) talent.
    #3 Vince can run, Peyton can't. I like running QBs

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

No its not the matter of retards on the board, it's people who have a different matter of an opinion and would rather take the potential of a young big game winner compared to a game that simply chokes. Thats it, it's not that I hate Manning, because truthfully I would on;y take one QB in the league right now and that would be Brady.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It looks as if you think half of us are retards then because the Vince Young lobby is trailing by one vote with ten to the Manning vote who has eleven...
    Oh yeah, :super: Peyton has a one vote lead and one of the most intelligent members :super: already wants to change his vote because the :coltssuk: You want to talk about retarded numbers? How about the large number of people who have viewed this thread and chose not to vote at all because you would have to be retarded to start this topic or participate in it. I'm willing to bet more people have declined to vote than the 22 that have.
    What the hell kind of reply is this in post #3?
    That's the first thing I read before I cast a vote in the poll? It's your poll and you're not even trying to pretend to be impartial at all. Why don't you make a poll that says...Agree with me and I'll think you are cool or oppose me and I'll call you a retard? :brow:

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

BiPolar, I'll give you credit, it took 25 posts for someone to finally address the aforementioned post about configuring my ignore list. As far as that goes, you don't necessarily have to agree with me, but as with all opinions, if yours deviates from the norm than there will be much room for disagreement. The reason I made that statement was because it seems SO obvious that many people on this board would rather hate on someone that plays for an opposing team, and vote against them out of SPITE, then clearly have a better player at the helm. Now, I will agree with you, Manning hasn't won the BIG GAME yet, but neither did Marino or Jim Kelly or tons of other guys. But you are saying that you would rather have Randall Cunningham over Dan Marino, and that is just flat-out absurd, and you're only basis is that you HATE the Colts and you've conditioned yourself to hate Manning too. I have some dislike for Manning, because he is our biggest rival playing for the Colts, but I watch him and say, "damn, this dude's good." Remember one thing, he gets beat by better teams, not worse teams, call it choking all you want, but we never beat New England in our prime or Pittsburgh either, so McNair is a choker too, by this premise.

To me, to say that you would rather put the hopes and dreams of the franchise in the hands of an unproven rookie instead of those of a proven hall of fame QB, is just absurd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar