Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I can't stand Peyton Manning.Don't get me wrong i don't want Luck going there to Indy either.

2. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

Peyton spent a quite a bit of time on the pre-game Titan sideline looking for some tailgate bbq. :tailgate:
    [​IMG]

3. amy

amy Starter

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view."

"All the opinions we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view". In fact, there is nothing else BUT our own point of view(perception). Love is the only truth.

That being said, my perception is that Manning will not ever play again. Nerve injuries are most challenging and the number of people who acquire FULL use of nerve damaged areas of the body is low. And then, re-injuring the damaged area is not what any athlete, or anyone else, should wish to do.

4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

How is he a douche? He is one of the classiest guys ever. I have never understood the off the field hate for the guy. I bet Phil Simms is way off, but if he isn't who wants to see their replacement be drafted.... Nobody. Plus the team is destined to fail unless they get some key young players on defense and offense, with Peyton or Luck. If Peyton comes back for say two more years Luck isn't going to help them now.

Just to clear it up, I'd draft Luck if I were them though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The media likes him because he is well spoken and becaue they liked his dad and they've been around him since he was a little kid, but he is one of the biggest sore losers in modern sports. He has gotten so many passes that other people get crucified over. He blamed the offensive line, he called his kicker an idiot, he blamed Reggie Wayne when Porter on the Saints read his play, he walked out on the handshake, he whined that the on-sides kick was cheap and "not fair", etc, etc, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It appears that Manning will miss this season. A comeback is tough in any professional sport and nerve damage, three surgeries seems pretty bad.
    Even if he regains his strength it was his accuracy that made the plays.
    Seems like along shot to me.
    BTW: He majored in communication at UT so doing TV commercials is not a coincidence.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

If you are talking about the video of him blowing up at his offensive line, he apologizes at the end of the video. Heat of battle. Where did he say it was Reggie's fault in the Superbowl? Honestly ive never seen him quoted as saying that. Many players don't do handshakes at the end of the Superbowl, he said it was the Saints moment and he wanted to let them have it

8. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Manning is a douche.... And that's from a vols fan..... I hate him, and peoples lust over him.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this. Manning has a SB ring. He has bookoos of $$$. This team is in (and about to be) severe re-build mode. They have bombed on their last few first rounders.

I don't see Manning risking a permanent debilitating injury with that neck when he has little else to gain. IMO he is a lock HOFer. I believe he goes into broadcasting where I think he will be actually quite good. I'd even like to see him working with Gruden on some broadcasts.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I was talking about the Steelers loss in the playoffs several years ago. He sat at the table and blamed everyone but himself, which is pretty much what he does every time they lose. I would buy the deal with the Saints, his teammates were all congratulating the Saints and Drew Brees was running around looking for him. Other guys don't get a pass for that.

He is class because of his dad. Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, and others get ripped apart for pouting. Rivers wears his heart on his sleeve and Cutler acts that way regardless of the results. Manning totally changes personality and that is part of why he wasn't more successful in crunch time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar