Peyton Manning cleared to play.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Honestly no I don't think he wants to play here. I don't think he would want to play in Houston either. Don't think he would want to play for the Jets either. But I know there is no other state that would worship the ground he walked on the state of TN simply because of the amount of Vawl fans that act like it is still 1997. I wonder why they love him so much when it was Tee Martin who did 2 things Peyton never did...beat Florida and win a National Title. Where is the "Tee Martin" room at the new UT football practice facility? Non existent, but there is a Peyton Manning room.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You guys Peyton hate has blinded you.

Yes he would want to play in Tennessee. No one has acted like it was impossible to win without him and no one has acted like it was a guarantee to win with him.

But continue to over-dramatize if that's the only argument you can make.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Pretty much, if this was Brees in the exact same situation, the whole attitude would be different.

We have a good team and will be in a very winnable division next year if he came here. Whats not to like about the Titans if you are Manning?

Again, I do not think he comes here but still. Him torching us for years has left some bitter tastes in everyones mouth.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The article on the front page of the site makes the argument better than I can.

It has nothing to do with whether or not anyone is a fan of Manning.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The way I feel is without Peyton next season I don't see us competing for a superbowl or even a playoff spot for that matter.

With Peyton (100% healthy) I see us as one of, if not THE favorite in the AFC. To me that's all the justification I need. It's a QB driven league and he made the 2-14 colts superbowl contenders, he could surely do that with a 9-7 team and he'll do it wherever he goes.

You can argue it'll be bad for Locker or it'll be bad for CAP but I don't see how anyone can argue it doesn't make us an immensely better football team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

1. we have locker who i think will be starting next season
    2. we could use that money on other needs...such as dend or oline
    3. who knows with the draft

going back to number two...if we use the cap money for someone such as mario williams and landry(safety) or even if we only sign hardwick(spelling) then we become and immensely better team too....

but will you please explain how you dont even see us being playoff contenders next season when we went 9-7 this year with 3 slip ups that we should have one and with 5 rookies that played a substantial amount....

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Too many questions concerning our secondary and non-impressive defensive line.

We played a pretty easy schedule last season and still only ended up 9-7. Houston will most probably win the Peytonless division and that means we'll be competeting with a handful of teams for 2 wildcard spots and with no playmaker at QB (unless Locker starts), a subpar run blocking line, and a big question mark over Kenny Britt's head, I just don't see us being any better than 8-8 or 7-9 at this point. But a lot could change from now til week one.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Problem is, he's not. And may not be... EVER AGAIN.

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

T. Martin ? Chavis, Cutcliff, John Henderson, P. Price. I give credit to these guys but I suppose T. Martin was there also.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

All you need is manning now days to get a Ring? He's got..... One. How does he justify leaving other holes open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar