Peyton Manning cleared to play.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That and Manning would improve every position on this team.

Teams HAVE to play the pass now, so CJ should see another good season. Our offensive line play would improve as well. He would keep the offense on the field and in turn, keep our defense rested. Which, like it or not, has been a big issue on this team for a long time. You could see it in the games this season too if you paid attention.

Seeing Washington, Britt, Cook, and Williams on the field as the same time as Manning should be enough reason in itself to get people interested.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been saying Seattle would be Peyton's best fit (of the realistic options).

Great running back, good o-line, a couple of good weapons in Rice and Miller, and a good defense.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Again, I do not think he comes to Tennessee, but I really do hope.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

just picturing Manning, CJ, Washington, and Britt on the field all at once has my mouth watering...

Probably won't happen though but at least this talk is keeping the offseason interesting..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, we drafted a QB with our first pick last year. He has a 4 year contract. Let's sign Manning for 2 years and let our #1 pick sit on the bench for 3 years and play his first full season in a contract year.

Yeah, we make a tonne of sense. :rolleyes:

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You can't worry about stuff like that when it comes to contending for a Super Bowl.

You do what it takes to win... If Peyton is healthy and close to the Peyton we all know, we'd be dumb not to try to bring him in.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You won't know if he is close to the Peyton we all know until you sign him.

8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

heard an interview with Larry Fitzgerald who said he was having dinner with Manning last night; trying to sway him to Cards.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

jmo, but I don't think Peyton would consider playing if he couldn't produce to near his previous level. I don't think he would want to tarnish his career and legacy.

Thought about this a lot, and although I would feel slightly bad for Hasselbeck and appreciate what he's done, if I were GM and Peyton passed physical I would roll the dice.

If he's 90% the player he was, we would be superbowl contenders next season with him on the roster. Moreso than without him on the roster.

10. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

What I'm wondering is if the FO will cave into what will be intense pressure from the fanbase and sign him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar