Peyton Manning cleared to play.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

Looking back at the last 10 Super Bowls. The most average QBs were
    B. Johnson (Tampa)
    J. Dellhome (Carolina)
    M. Hasselbeck (Seattle)
    R. Grossman (Chicago)

You can make a case for Big Ben, but you have to look back at these passers individual seasons.

Looking back at the last 10 years by team. I would say that about 50% had a defensive minded team at that time.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh and 3 out of those 4 teams lost those games.....

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Damn man have you watched the Superbowl before?

Superbowl Qbs since 1990:
    Very good to Elite QBs: Eli (2), Rodgers, Brees, Rapist (2), Peyton, Brady (3), Warner, Elway (2), Favre, Steve Young, Aikmen (3), Montana

Nowhere near elite or very good: Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler

You can maybe argue the Rapist out of the very good category, but that still leaves the vast majority of Superbowl winners with very good/elite qbs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You don't need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl, it's just a whole lot easier being able to go thru 1 player than having to rely on a stout defense, crisp special teams, and a balanced offense. One great player like an elite QB can make up for almost all of that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Peyton Manning threw at Duke last weekend and I saw the video and I've gotta say he looked pretty good...

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not gunna happen TheSureThing. lol

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't even believe that was Peyton Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar