Peyton Manning- best QB? Yeah. Maybe 4 years ago.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you living under a rock? Dungy isn't the coach any longer and they are about to win another super bowl.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It was fair to bash Manning for not winning more in the playoffs before. He for a time had 3 pro bowl players around him in harrison, wayne and james. Now he doesn't have edge or harrison.

You think of the colts as a passing team but Edgerrin James had 4 seasons there with over 1500 yards. This year the leading rusher Joseph Addai had 800 yards. Addai is not near as good as Edge was.

The Colts are dead last in rushing yardage and next to last in yards per carry with 3.5 ypc.

When Manning faced the Jets he was facing a defense that was far and away the best pass defense in the league. The jets had held opposing QBs to a 58 rating. In that game the colts running game was held to 1.7 yards per carry.

Against a defense that held opposing QBs to a 58 rating and knew he was going to throw the ball Manning's passing rating was 125 with no turnovers. Against that same defense Phillip Rivers passing rating was 77.

3. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Don't try any of that self honesty or logic, just rant and rave if you don't like the way thing are going. It's the American way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

As far as I'm concerned, the only knock on Manning is that he has only won one Super Bowl. That should change in 2 weeks.

When he retires, he will (rightfully) be hailed by everyone except Gloat as the greatest football player of all time.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Did you even read the post you responded to?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Peyton is a QB, and what QB's do is read defenses and throw to open receivers. If you can just master those two things you can be the best QB out there. Not the best player per say, but at least you can run things from that position. Now sure Peyton is god awful at moving once the pockets broken, but he's just nimble enough to tiptoe in the pocket and rocket passes to WR's. He's probably the worst ever at taking hits, and sliding, but his laser precise passes will do it for him since he's a QB.

Then there's the leadership qualities he has, and the intelligence to pick out tendencies and weaknesses defenses have. His athleticism is a joke, but again as a QB he's just quick enough to be just that. He could never be like a C.J., L.T. or A.P. and play more than one spot on the field, but then again no one could do what Peyton does.

I'll say this; there are certain things that Favre, Brady, and Rivers can do better than Manning, but just not enough to say they're the better QB.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

McNabb is a top 5 QB every season, and that's with his sorry Philly fans hating on him each and every offseason. I think since the day McNabb was drafted they've been trying to move him after each season. I'd gladly take McNabb if we didn't have something in Young. Your dislike towards him isn't surprising, a lot of people seems to underestimate him. If I were ranking current QB's I'd have McNabb 3rd or 4th.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

No not living under a rock. Last time i checked, Dungy was there last season. And they are ABOUT to win another Super Bowl? Didn't know you could predict the future you manning fan boy. As i said before. That was MY opinion. Just like he is the best in your opinion.:rolleyes:

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I do think when manning retires, he will have broken many records and be one of the greatest. But as of now, with all of the playoff appearances he has been in. I think to be the breatest, you need to will your team through those game consistently. He is best in the regular season but come playoffs time, he has been outmatched by teams such as the pats and SD. When he starts winning those games then i think that earn the title. As of this year, good for him to get to his second SB.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Same for this idiotic post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar