Rumor Peyton Manning as the new Titans GM?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 8isGreat, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Do you seriously think Manning would be cool with the play of Cassel?

Manning would be smart enough to know that Cassel's days of an NFL QB are over.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I meant that he wouldn’t be an immediate upgrade over JRob, I think it would take time to grow into a front office role.

3. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

The biggest pro for Peyton IMHO is that he's a winner and makes others around him work harder and smarter. I've heard countless times in interviews with those that have worked or played with him that he is a tireless worker and that he helped them to become better. The guy will do anything to win and some people make winners of those around them.

It's kind of like Brady and Belichek. Some guys just want to win so badly that they'll do what others won't.

Not saying that Mularkey or JRob don't want to win, but some are just better at knowing what it takes and how to achieve it. Some are just born leaders and know how to motivate those around them in order to get the most from them.

Having said that, I do agree with @Zack3000, that JRob should be allowed to bring in his own guy first before being canned.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I'd rather have Tom Brady.

Everything Peyton does Tom does better.

5. The Hammer

Wouldn't you rather have a good GM?

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Because JR has done a good job and has only had the role for about 2 years where he's been saddled with a ****** coaching staff that he had no say in. That's why.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

But we have a good GM....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't get people clamouring over a guy because he was a great player. Jordan was a great basketballer and we know how he turned out as a GM.

Means nothing.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. The Hammer

If we do base it on great players then we should get Tom Brady, since he is a lot better.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he agreed to take that pineapple up his arse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar