Peter King's Ranks the NFL's starting QB's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What an idiot..

Jake delhomne 16th? Byron leftwich 28th? Leftwich isn't much better than brodie croyle in this guys opinion!

He has vick 21st with young 7th even though they are very similar. How stupid.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gay cutler 10th!

Guy starts 5 games, wins 2 of them and gets rated ahead of jake delhomne a guy who has won 58% of his starts and is 5-2 in the post season. Delomne should be ranked higher than kitna, cutler, vince, rivers, homo. Proably higher than mcnair and favre also.

In all honesty based on how he has played the last 2 years favre should be near the very bottom.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Kitna above Favre is just idiotic

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ryans....why?

Favre has been horrible the last 2 years. 38tds with 47ints. 47ints! That rotten! Favre should trade places with leftwich at 28th.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ok, did no one read the criteria? If you read the whole article, he clarifies. He's not saying this is the ranking of the best QBs, it's a ranking of the QBs most likely to produce this coming season and this coming season only. Kitna is highly ranked because he's in a system designed to produce big numbers. Vick is really low because it's likely that he'll miss a major portion of the season. I don't know why he's so down on byron, but I'd bet it's because he doesn't think he'll be the starter the full season. Delhomme, hmmm, well, I think he thinks that Carolina is likely to produce a lot less passing offense than Denver this season, which I think I agree with.

These things are a long shot, but if you look at his criteria, and what he intends the rankings to me, I agree with them a lot more. I think Vince is a little high, but he is likely to produce a lot, since he's the cornerstone of our offense.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

OK well if hes doing it that was then great list but I thought he was saying the best QB's in the NFL ranked 1 to whatever.

And RollTide... Favre is still a great QB its really not his fault that he has a very young team. He has always threw alot of INTS in his career as that 47 does look insanely high it really wasn't all his fault.

McNair deserves to be higher tho. Infact... switch Young with McNabb and McNair with Kitna and you got a good list. Oh and switch Favre with Romo. Cutler can move 4 places down too..

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Just read the article that goes along with the rankings! Most of these writers tell how they got there, otherwise they'd be doubted no matter what the rankings were.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Cool note.

Young had more rushing yards in 1 season then every QB listed besides Vick in 2 years combined for them

9. it should be Garrard in there instead of Leftwich, he was a lot better than Leftwich was, and he gave us all kinds of problems

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I find it interesting that Leinart is well below Vince and Cutler on his list. For <i>this year</i> it seems like Leinart has the most going for him from a pure QB production standpoint... although King did state that wins was a criteria. It's good to see VY getting some props as a QB, though. I saw on Adam Schein's ESPN chat last week that of all the QB's picked since '04, he would take Vince if he were starting a franchise. Coming from a statistics freak like him, I thought that was pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar